[Old Report] Xbox Dragon Age Origins DLC installed but not accessible

by zippyzoo77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Old Report] Xbox Dragon Age Origins DLC installed but not accessible

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have been looking online and have found no solutions that have worked for me with this problem. I have both discs of the dragon age origins ultimate edition, and have all of the dlcs from that showing up under the manage game menu on the Xbox one as installed. When I open the game (from either disc, I have tried both) it will allow me to play the main game, but none of the dlcs appear to be available. If I go into the downloadable content tab from the game menu, nothing shows up. Within the game, I have several files, and in the ones where I have completed the main story, I can't go anywheee but the main camp and the area with Felix, who appears to be the quest giver for on each of the dlcs that it says I have downloaded, but will not let me access, as it says I am not signed in to Xbox live (I have checked, and I am definetly signed in to Xbox live). Can anyone help me get my dlcs to work?

Message 1 of 13 (21,899 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox one dragon age origins dlc installed but not accessible?

★ Novice

I forgot to take this down, but I got it working. Looks like a restart and a few days of doing other games fixed it. Thanks though, i'm marking it since that is a solution I hadn't seen when I was searching and it may help others. Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (21,682 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

For the DLC, try to activate them on the website of Dragon Age Keep. That's what I did.

Message 2 of 13 (21,686 Views)

★ Novice

I forgot to take this down, but I got it working. Looks like a restart and a few days of doing other games fixed it. Thanks though, i'm marking it since that is a solution I hadn't seen when I was searching and it may help others. Thanks!

Message 3 of 13 (21,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue.. but it's not fixing itself

Message 4 of 13 (21,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Because waiting doesnt fix anything, just install and play from disc 2. It has always been like this since BC became a thing. Additionally you have to install some missing things from your ready to install menu on the XBOX dashboard. When DAO first became BC it also had a problem that after a while even with disc 2 inserted the dlc got ..corrupted..??? But the 2 times that happened to me it got fixed after a complete reinstall. Since then i reinstalled it 3 times and it always worked without the ..corruption.. bug even after months of sitting there in my library. Just try to stay away from disc 1 as far as possible, i suspect that it actually did cause the ..corruption.. of the dlc back when i had that problem. For now it seems safe to accidentally put it in, it didnt mess up my game so far when i tried it 3 times today, it just doesnt load up any dlc unless i put in disc 2. If it still isnt working correctly consider a factory reset of your console or delete and redownload your microsoft account. I had a problem that was fixed by this when BC first came out and my XBOX kept on downloaded Assassins Creed II ..that i also owned on disc.. while i actually put in my Fable 2 disc. The Fable 2 download somehow got wonky after i played and deleted AC II, because it was working as intendet before.

Message 5 of 13 (20,857 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

For the last few day's I have been trying to figure out how to get the DLC on my Collectors Edition disc for Xbox to download, as it was not registering. I uninstalled the game and only used disc 2 it after reading your comment and it worked! Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 13 (20,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I spent hours on a wild goose chase with the EA tech support uninstalling, then re-installing, then troubleshooting everything in in every way possible, to no avail. It was only following your advice in your comment that finally restored my DLC. Thank you so much for providing a real solution!

Message 7 of 13 (18,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 8 of 13 (17,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I have tried installing the 2nd xb 360 disc first and it comes up with a blue square with a blank disc on it I cant seem to find a solution if someone could help me install this with a step by step for xbox one that would be great I've tried da keep but says its invalid information when my details are correct I have want to play these games for years but never got round to it thanks in advance 

Message 9 of 13 (11,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

I found out how to get the DLC from the Ultimate  Edition disk to install. Make sure it’s a clean INSTALL! (NOT downloaded on your system yet)

If you try to install disk 2 before disk 1 it will give you an error and NOT read. So to correct this you will install disk 1. It will tell you it needs an update to download to play the game. After you select yes, IMMEDIATELY switch the disk to disk 2. Since the full game is on both disks it will be forced to read the disk and viola! Your DLC will be found and installed ! Hope this helps! Basically tricking the system in a sense by thinking it’s the install disk 1. Let me know if it helped you. Or if it helped any of you all having this issue out. Happy gaming!!! 

Message 10 of 13 (2,686 Views)