Warden's Keep NPC Bugged

by 420_bLaYzEn

Original Post

Warden's Keep NPC Bugged

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

I have pushed through a majority of the Warden's Keep DLC but when I get to the part where the Old Mage (Avernus) is trying to repair the tear in the fade he stands still, does nothing and doesnt move to the portals to start casting. 

I have tried deleting and redownloading the DLC and playing through again on a separate playthrough and get the same issue. Would anyone know of a fix or a work around? I really like this DLC so far and I would hate for a crappy bug to ruin the experience.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (2,106 Views)

Re: Warden's Keep NPC Bugged

Community Manager

@420_bLaYzEn Hmm, do you have any mods installed? If so can you try removing these and check again?

If this isn't a factor, or has no effect, you mgiht want to watch a playthrough on youtube, and see if there are any steps being missed. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (2,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem - regardless of who you use - either Avernus or Sophia when you get to the closing the portal - either npc just walks to near where they would first start casting and stand there doing nothing with a quest icon above their head but you cannot initiate dialogue.

Really annoying bug as it prevents completion and no you are not missing steps - this has happened to me on and off over the years - it bugs out all the time when I play on my new pc and launch it through origin but I have the ultimate edition installed on an older pc and doesn't use origin launcher - still runs of the actual dvd and it doesn't bug out on that pc launching the game that way.

I have no real solution other than to tell you that has been my experience with this bug , I'm still messing around trying to get rid of the bug on my new , and much better pc .

Regards

Nighthshift.

Message 3 of 6 (2,057 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem right now, I just stopped the game and I am trying to get help with this problem. Does anyone out there know how to fix this bug, it's a real pain.

Message 4 of 6 (1,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

During the cut scene, create a save point. when it bugs out, reload to that save point.

Message 5 of 6 (862 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (763 Views)