Re: Some articles in Italian on this franchise

by CiaranII

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey @CiaranII when posting on the English AHQ forums we would ask that all attachments and links be in English.

Going forward if you are sharing your own work then please included a little more than just links so that it does not look like spam. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,485 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Darko Sure, sorry for this. I'm going to translate them into English in time, but I'm still writing them. Not adding anything else, but just saying what they're about for now.

The first two are in general on fantasy and roleplaying games such as Dungeons&Dragons. Starting on the third I start analyzing how Bioware has approached fantasy with their first games and then moving to the Dragon Age series. The last three articoles are on the setting, on some game mechanics such as the multiple choices and finally introducing those characters which are used later in comics. If you reckon the post needs to be removed, feel free to do it, no problem on my term. Thanks.
Message 3 of 5 (1,443 Views)

Community Manager

No worries @CiaranII, I'm sure the community will enjoy reading your thoughts on the games.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,431 Views)

★★ Apprentice

After some months and more articles, I've started also the translation into English (by myself, not using automatic apps or whatever). The articles, so far, are 14,  more have been written and will be published in the next weeks, some 6 more are scheduled. The newer articles will have the English version once released, while the webzine editor is gradually adding the translation to the older ones. So, what are they about?

I've attempted to analyse the matters related to multimedial multiple choices which affect the general storytelling of the franchise in any of its narrative products, with a focus clearly on the games. Starting from a general (and rather short) introduction on fantasy, RPG games, Dungeons&Dragons and multimedia, I've then described some characters (and the general plot of "Origins" and "DAII") and how they're affected by  multiple choices before their starring in the first "Dragon Age" comics by Dark Horse, where instead they provide a sort of "game canon". I have then moved on to the links between the first two games and the products published shortly before "Inquisition", and how they have a different narrative strategy (providing us a strong background to make us ponder more carefully about our game choices). The next articles will be on the choices in "Inquisition" itself and their influence on the latest comics by Dark Horse, which are providing a sort of prequel (with the short stories of "Tevinter Nights") to the fourth incoming game we are looking forward to. Then in December the Nextflix series is going to be streamed and several news and rumours are around about "Dread Wolf", so I expect I will write something more for then.

The complete list of articles of mine will always be updated at this link: https://www.fumettomaniafactory.net/author/fabiocia/ ; the only two available also in English, so far, are the first one https://www.fumettomaniafactory.net/dragon-age-dal-videogame-ai-fumetti/ and the last one https://www.fumettomaniafactory.net/lapproccio-a-dragon-age-inquisition-e-gli-antefatti-in-asunder/ ; the newer articles will have, once online, the English version too, while little by little it will be added to the old ones.

I hope these articles can interest the fanbase, and I'd love some feedback, comment, suggestions. Cheers!

Message 5 of 5 (779 Views)