Re: DA:O Ultimate Edition DLC not showing up (PC, purchased on Origin)

by randallislost81

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[SOLVED] DA:O Ultimate Edition DLC not showing up (PC, purchased on Origin)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I wanted to try replaying DA:O on the PC for the first time (previously only played on 360), so a few days I go I purchased the ultimate edition off of EA Origin client, downloaded it and all the DLC from origin and started playing. I'm about 20 hours in and just realized that NONE of the DLC content is showing up (never showed up from the beginning). On the start page of the game when I click the DLC tab, nothing shows up - nothing is available, nothing is installed. When I look at the game details in Origin, it says all of the DLC (e.g. stone prisoner, awakening, witch hunt, etc) is installed.

I tried searching online and found a lot of different threads, but most of them seem to relate to past issues with having downloaded it from Steam or problems with compatibility between people who bought the game on disc and then downloaded DLC from online. I have never purchased, downloaded, played or done anything with DA:O or any other dragon age game on this computer (or any computer actually), so my download and installation from Origin should have been totally clean without any old files around to create problems.

I did find this thread, and attempted to follow the steps on the last post in the thread regarding running SetupAddins.exe and Touchup.exe:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Possible-fix-for-DLC-not-showing-up-in-game-with-Origin...

However, this did not change anything. These files were located at: C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/Dragon Age/ From that location, I went into the _Installer folder and clicked SetupAddins application, but nothing happens when I click that. I also clicked the Cleanup and Touchup applications in that folder, after which I get the message asking if I want to allow changes, I click yes and then nothing happens. So also not sure if that's actually doing anything either. I also went into the addins folder and it does appear all the DLC is appropriately installed there. I went into each DLC folder and clicked the touchup and cleanup applications if they had them (not every DLC folder had them). The same thing happened as before, but I went through and did it on every folder just in case.

Of course none of this helped and still none of the DLC is showing up. I did find the bioware folder where my game save is as well: C:\Users\atkru\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age; and that folder also has an AddIns folder. When I clicked that folder, there was nothing in it. I tried copying all the folders in the addins folder from the program files just to see if that did anything, which it did not.

I made a help request on EA live chat, which was completely useless, after the basic stuff didn't work, the guy literally sent me to an EA user forum post from 2013 and told me to do what it said on that post, which I KNEW was not the issue as that post was talking about issues with having downloaded the game off of Steam (which again, I did not, I downloaded off of EA's Origin client). The chat ended up kicking me out after back and forth, I kinda wonder if he did it on purpose but at that point it was super late and I just gave up. I started a new chat and literally after I explained everything all over again, he then told me that their "internal system was down" and asked me to try contacting them again in a few hours. Such complete garbage.

So, that leads me here - if there is anyone out there who had the same or similar problem and has a solution? I seriously don't understand how I can buy this game as a single package (ultimate edition) from the company that produced the freaking game  and download it fresh and none of the DLC be working from the start.

Don't know if this matters but I'm using a PC running on Windows 10.

Message 1 of 18 (35,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

FURTHER UPDATE:

On opening the game after the above fix, all the DLC was showing up and everything seemed to be in order. However, I realized quickly that despite it showing all DLC as installed and enabled, I still wasn't able to access Sulcher's Pass and the merchant wasn't actually showing up at the camp for Warden's Keep. SO FRUSTRATING. But I went back to the internet and found some info that it was possible that the offers file was messed up.

This additional fix allowed me to play the game with the DLC actually, truly showing up in my game:

1. Do steps as listed above

2.  In that same C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer folder, there is another file you need to copy - offers.xml

3. In the C:\[Username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings folder, I found that there was no offers file at all. So I just pasted the offers.xml file here.

4. Problem should be solved!

View in thread

Message 3 of 18 (35,278 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

After posting this, I was continuing to search and actually found the solution thanks to the amazing post from dynamsl. Copying their response here in case any one needs it. It took me 2 days and endless * but the DLC is all WORKING!

It's incredible though it's been over a year and they still have not fixed this issue...WTF EA you are selling a game that is out of the box with a broken link...

"THIS IS THE SOLUTION IF YOU OWN THE ORIGIN VERSION OF DAO: ULTIMATE EDITION (but probably will work with the steam version as well)

the problem is caused by the addin.xml file in the folder:

C:\[Username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings (replace [Username] with your actual username)

it is not updated correctly after the installation, so you have to update it yourself...

This is how it works:

-find the addin.xml file in the "_installer" folder of your INSTALLATION DIRECTORY(!) usually this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer

-copy the addin.xml from your installation directory and replace the addin.xml file in C:\[Username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings

Congratulations, you are finally able to play DAO: Awakening and all DLCs you have installed!"

Again this solution is courtesy of another post from dynamsl - all credit to them for figuring out this fix! Their post was deep in the thread of the post, so I will leave this here with the hope that someone finds it easier next time.

Message 2 of 18 (35,298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

FURTHER UPDATE:

On opening the game after the above fix, all the DLC was showing up and everything seemed to be in order. However, I realized quickly that despite it showing all DLC as installed and enabled, I still wasn't able to access Sulcher's Pass and the merchant wasn't actually showing up at the camp for Warden's Keep. SO FRUSTRATING. But I went back to the internet and found some info that it was possible that the offers file was messed up.

This additional fix allowed me to play the game with the DLC actually, truly showing up in my game:

1. Do steps as listed above

2.  In that same C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer folder, there is another file you need to copy - offers.xml

3. In the C:\[Username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings folder, I found that there was no offers file at all. So I just pasted the offers.xml file here.

4. Problem should be solved!

Message 3 of 18 (35,279 Views)

★★ Novice

This Worked!!! yo mods can we get this pinned?

Message 4 of 18 (35,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much!  

Message 5 of 18 (34,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@rinmora Holy moly, thank you so much!
Message 6 of 18 (34,067 Views)

★★ Novice
@rinmora Halle-freaking-lujah! Thank you! I was confused as to why my DLCs weren't showing up, and this was exactly what I needed!
Message 7 of 18 (33,095 Views)

★★★ Novice
@rinmora Thank god! Thank you is worked! :D
Message 8 of 18 (32,389 Views)

★★ Novice

I bought this from Steam. I can't get it to work.

Message 9 of 18 (29,804 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, I needing help because i instal my DA:O by steam and to me dont show up the installer folder what can i do?

Message 10 of 18 (26,953 Views)