Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation. Note: Affects owners of the RETAIL version

by d4rkpink

Original Post

Re: Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

a.  Your "characters" have nothing to do with your DLC entitlements and never did.

b.  Your BioWare/BSN account was integrated with (one of) your existing EA accounts a couple of years before the BSN was switched to read-only.

So that has nothing to do with "missing DLC".

What does have something to do with it is having multiple accounts.  Maybe just with EA, maybe with the PSN or XBox as well.

Message 41 of 65 (8,100 Views)

Re: Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation. Note:

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

OK, its 2018 now and I run W10.
Stone Prisoner has all files including manifest installed and still zip, nada, zero. Nothing works. It shows as installed ingame.
I use the PC version from disc and not Origin or Steam.
Searched the net from every angle and still found nothing that actually solves the problem. Was on the phone with EA help desk and that was also a big zero. Still think a big company like that, stopping all social networks on several games not creating a fix for such links, shows a big disregard about the players that actually buy there games. There simply only interested in our cash and after that we can drop ****.
They create very good games but there "help" is to low to mention. Started all after there Bioware connection.

But enough rambling about this company, I need a fix for this problem that has not been fixed by the almighty EA even after all these years. My point on EA is made by themselves.
Anyone has suggestions for the PC version to get stone prisoner working again? Remember I tried everything already including deleting all story lines to start over "sigh".

Message 42 of 65 (7,438 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I'm guessing you are using the retail version and don't have steam or Origin running or interfering with it in any way?
If that is the case then it might be that because of the big move to Origin it simply doesn't properly register somehow. (The move has caused countless issues throughout many games so you're most definitely not the only one as this thread shows)

I would suggest trying to install it via my initial posts instructions and seeing if that helps? (Unless that's what you already did?)

What did they say when you called with them? If they can see that you are entitled to the Game & DLC via your account they could simply help you register it in Origin and then you could play it through there instead.

Message 43 of 65 (7,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the Dragon Age Origins Collectors edition on CD complete with all codes.
I do have Steam and Origin but both only run when I activate them. There not auto started. So yup, all links are screwed in the game and EA never fixed that. The "helper" at EA was not even able to find answers to the problem. he came up empty and claimed "the game is no longer supported". Nice answer there.

I made a clean install. Did the update to 1.05 and then put the stone warrior in that is not working. I can find and buy all his crystals to upgrade him but the actual quest to get him is not starting. O yea, I did check that all files are present witch they are. So for me it's a big mystery

Message 44 of 65 (7,404 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well if you can buy the stones the DLC seems to be active...weird...the quest is not starting at all? 

Spoiler
When you go to Sulcher's pass and talk to the merchant?

And you could always try the route of letting them add it all to Origin for you instead if you can prove you own the real thing.

I'm not entirely sure what else to suggest atm. =/

Message 45 of 65 (7,400 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Nope, wont start
Message 46 of 65 (7,388 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As I understand from several answers across the net the merchant should be in the camp first time you get there after you have the nightmare.

Message 47 of 65 (7,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

But the Sulcher's Pass does show up on your map? And the merchant just isn't there when you visit it? Or what? The quest doesn't start in your camp.

You've made SURE that you have all the correct files installed and authorized? And Dragon Age Origins Updater service is running?

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_(Origins)#Manual_installation

Also note the part at the end

"Make sure the offer file is really installed, by looking in C:\Users\%username%\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\AddIns, there should be a folder of the same name. If it is not there, unpack it from the dazip file (from inside Contents\Offers). It might also help to put the manifest.xml file from the dazip to its respective folder within AddIns for main file and Offer folder for offer files).

All DLC's are included in the GOG version and is DRM free and doesn't require any authorization to use any DLC, however the collector edition items are release with a free patch.

You can bypass the offers files not working by doing the following:

1. Go to C:\Users\%username%\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings

2. Copy the AddIns.xml file somewhere safe (as a backup)

3. Open the original AddIns.xml in Notepad. (notepad++ works great as you can search for all instances of RequiresAuthorization="1" and then replace them all at once with RequiresAuthorization="0" using the notepad++ Find option. *The Find Option is the Binoculars icon*)

4. Search for RequiresAuthorization="1" and change each instance to RequiresAuthorization="0"

5. Save, start game, enjoy."

Message 48 of 65 (7,376 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The pass is not on the map and quest will not start. Looked inside loots off xml to see what might happen there and replaced some that where empty for ones from the pack that where filled. You will not be leave what length I went to find the fault and just cannot locate it. Its almost driving me mad.

Somewhere there is a dot, comma or referral that sits not right and I will find it.........

Message 49 of 65 (7,355 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@mulroin;  Only fix for you I can suggest at this point is a complete uninstall of your current version and a reinstall from the Origin client.  Yes, I know...  The DLC for games as old as DAO can be a PITA to download and install on Origin since they weren't originally written to be handled that way.  But you obviously have a fatal flaw in you current install, so I think that's the way to go.

BTW:  I have had zero problems with DLC authorization for any of my BioWare games even though I switched from retail disc installs to strictly EA/Origin ones beginning with ME2, and went back to convert both ME1 and DAO to those versions.

Message 50 of 65 (7,355 Views)