Re: Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation. Note:

by sirdelik

Original Post

★★★ Novice

here is a fix I discovered I hope it helps some people out

log on to your Bioware social acount select download the item you want choose program from your computer goto browse

goto C: program files

Origin Games folder

Dragon Age folder

bin_ship folder

then select  daupdater it will bring up an unzip program with the file from your bioware social acount select the file and then hit install it will now be in your game in you DLC item list you have to shut down the unziper each time for new file just repeat it for every dlc item. I have used this to put in my Blood Dragon armor The edge and every little promo item i have gotten for DA:O and DA:A and i'm using the DA: ultimate edition thru origin doesn't seem to matter

Message 31 of 65 (18,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed this myself, having purchased the Ultimate Edition, and finding some of the promised content can not be accessed. I don't have a retail version, ORIGIN only though.

Not very happy about this

Message 32 of 65 (17,903 Views)

Re: Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation.

★★★★★ Newbie

great except when we contact customer support they have no clue what to do which makes me think EA got too big and corporate and there is no point getting any of your software anymore because you cant, or dont want to, fix the bugs

Message 33 of 65 (17,790 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. I'm R2T4, (@Aol.com). I have a similar problem but have no original disc.  I downloaded everything from online and didn't get a disc, (probably a big mistake now that I'm having all this trouble). I've bought his game in 2011 for my XP and now I'm trying to load it in my Win 8.1 computer. I have Origin and "the basic" game DAO ultimate edition which is running. I have the marked folks in the game like Levi in my camp for Wardens Keep but it says I have to buy it again., (which it also won't let me do). It also says I have to register my game key which I've done years ago. I've gone to Bioware and talked to two different EA techs. The first guy had me reload Origin thinset and the second one told me to go to the Bioware site and download the files from there. I have loaded these and used the DAupdater to install them. The game list says they're installed but I'm not "authorized" to use them. I've talked to EA and they say that "it should work". But it's not. I'm going to look at your other posted trys to see if any of them will work for me. 

Message 34 of 65 (17,763 Views)

★★★ Novice

:* BIG KISS! Been struggling with this for ages, thank you sooo much for this Standard smile

Message 35 of 65 (17,574 Views)

★★ Novice

"

The fix:

1. Uninstall DAO in Origin.

2. Install your retail version with the physical disc. Do NOT install in the same folder as Origin!! This will make Origin update it back into it's own version!

3. Update the game to version 1.05 with the official patch HERE.

4. BAM, suddenly it works. (Make sure you log into your account in game)"

This is exactly what I did, three times in a row, my DLC content is still not showing up in my game. And yes I have the retail disc, and no I didn't install it in the same folder as Origin. There's obviously an issue with the system, and they need to fix it. It used to work, been playing the game for 5 years now, but doesn't work anymore.

Message 36 of 65 (16,595 Views)

★★ Novice

"I think this might only be a problem for people who already had the (retail) game with DLC unlocked on the BSN and are trying to migrate it into Origin."

Wrong.

Message 37 of 65 (16,596 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had the same issue with Dragon Age Collector's Edition. My Collector's Edition Items are showing as being enable on my account but they don't show up in the game anywhere and talking to EA customer service is a joke. I'll give this solution a shot. Thanks for the info. 

Message 38 of 65 (16,235 Views)

★★★ Novice

I recently went round the whole 'DLC doesnt work' scenario again recently...  What I found was I had 2 accounts, 1 had the main game and Stone Prisoner and the other had ALL the rest, I probably created the second account around the same time as the first, possibly drunk and quite probably very cross with how long it took to create accounts when the game first launched.  I clicked for help with an agent and got onto a very helpful Indian person, we quickly ascertained that migrating the second account to the first would be complicated and migrated the first to the second, I can now play the game, with ALL the DLC 

Message 39 of 65 (16,228 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe this is the whole issue as well and I'm in full agreement with you. All DLC was unlocked and purchased through the BSN and now that network is closed and none of the DLC for the Collector's Edition will work, nor will Origin Wardens upload to the keep this is the problem that I'm having. I fully agree it is due to the BSN not being available anymore. This is where all your characters were stored by Bioware and EA. They have really messed this up. 

Message 40 of 65 (16,214 Views)