Re: Possible fix for DLC not showing up in game with Origin installation. Note:

by ShardofTruth

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

this fixed most of my problem.  i was able to DLed all my dlc but now witchhunt will not show up in other campaigns. i love how i talked to support 3 days ago and they said they would have it fixed within 24 hours, and all it took was to do this.

Message 21 of 65 (13,427 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Glad to see my post and it's replies have helped people fix their problems! Keep fighting the good fight and sharing our solutions will continue to serve all of us well I presume! ^^

Message 22 of 65 (13,368 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've only got the On The House version installed.  The Config file route that you suggested gives no product key and as I don't have any discs I'm stuck.  The game in my Origin library has a product code, but I can't register with it.  Wrong code, apparently.  Blood Dragon Armor will not download.  The DAZIP file and the updater exe did not work, either.  "Unkn own error."  I was really looking forward to the Blood Dragon DLC for ME2.  Can't find that, either.  Maybe they simply aren't giving DLC to people who "purchased" the free On The House version?

Message 23 of 65 (13,335 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't even select the "Available content" and "Download progress" tabs, when I click on them nothing happens, so I'm not even able to check what's wrong. This can't be normal, can it? I installed the game fresh from Origin on a new system.

Message 24 of 65 (13,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to get the in game downloader to download my DLC. However the DLC stone prison, wardens keep and return to ostager would not trigger in game even though they were enabled.

I was able to get return to ostager and stone prison working by doing the following (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/SOLUTIONS-UNAUTHORIZED-DLC-or-MISSING-DLC/m-p/470476/hig...

"Enable Updater

If your Dragon Age Updater is not starting when your system starts, you may need to change the service settings to enable it. To ENABLE the Dragon Age Updater:

1. Run “services.msc” from the Run menu option in Windows. Pressing the Windows key + R will bring up your Run menu. Simply type "services.msc" into the window and click OK. (NOTE: Services.msc” controls essential components of Windows. Errors in configuration can prevent the system from operating correctly. Any changes you make in services.msc are made at your own risk.)
  2. Find the Dragon Age: Origins Updater service in the list.
  3. Double-click on the service to bring up the properties.
  4. Press the Start button if the service is not currently running.
  5. Change Startup type to Automatic.
  6. Close the Properties and Services interface."

However it did not get wardens keep to work and i could not find Levy Dryden to appear at base camp.

To get Wardens keep to work I did the following (http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Return-to-Ostagar-not-Triggering/td-p/3065340):

"I searched for many hours to find a solution for this problem and I got nothing!

Except that I learned about that XML files are important! So I tried this and it worked!

I will give you an example for the Return to Ostagar DLC!

I downloaded the Return to Ostagar File and the Return to Ostagar Offer file on the Bioware Social Network.

These files should now be located in the download section.

DAO_PRC_CP_1_1.1.DAZIP (Return to Ostagar)

DAO_PRC_OCP_1_1.1.DAZIP (Return to Ostagar Offer file)

I then opened the DAUpdater (I just typed DAUpdater in my start menu) and then click Select DAZIPs and located the files in your download section

and click install selected and make sure there are no errors.

OK NOW! After this is done:

Go back to your download section

First Right click the DAO_PRC_CP_1_1.1.DAZIP (Return to Ostagar) file then > click 7-zip > click open archive. Now, drag and drop the manifest.XML file into the download section > now cut and paste this file by going to Documents > Bioware > Dragon Age > add-ins > dao_prc_cp_1 and then inside of this file paste the manifest.XML file!

Now time for the offer file! Go back to your download section Right click the DAO_PRC_OCP_1_1.1.DAZIP (Return to Ostagar Offer file) > click 7-zip > click open archive. Drag and drop the manifest XML file into the download section >Copy it and paste it in Bioware > Dragon Age >Offers> dao_prc_ocp_1 and paste it in there!

BOOM BA DA BING! The Bann Loren Lands should pop up on your Dragon Age map!

Do the same for The Stone Prisoner!

I hope this helps!"

Missing manifest.XML files causes problems with the DLC. Even though this example was for stone prisoner and return to ostagar it worked for Wardens keep.

Important points:

• File names - dao_prc_ocp_1 - return to ostagar
                          DAO_PRC_CP_2 - stone prisone

DAO_PRC_NRX_1 - wardens keep

Hope this helps

Message 25 of 65 (13,259 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the manifest.xml copy tip. It made me aware, that even though i installed the offer file for Stone Prisoner, its folder was not created in the addins folder. So i extracted it from the dazip (the folder dao_prc_ocp_2) and put its manifest there and now i finally see Sulcher Pass on map!

Too bad the Origin version does not have the DA Service, ingame DLC management does not work at all for me, just allows enabling/disabling.

Message 26 of 65 (13,211 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just got off the live support asking for my DA:O DLC to be moved over.

I got the standard sorry we dont do that line.*sigh*

Digital copy obtained from steam,dlc on the BSN site...such a pain to have to download everything each time.

DA 2 and ME2/3 the bulk of my dlc moved over fine...but not da:o

Message 27 of 65 (12,903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yeah well doesnt work for me, i went through all the archived threads, and nothing, origins aparently is not downloading the full game or instalation, i can't find the files it asks, years ago i had this game on disk, now i buy via origin to have the full package and its downloader is incompetent enough to download the full game ?

I cant set my keys becouse i dont have the services file, i cant force the daupdater becouse i dont have it either !! And after all this years you still have the registry key problem, HOW HARD IS TO F----NG FIX THAT on a install program ??

Message 28 of 65 (12,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just found this thread. Thanks for this. I managed to get my origin install working with the missing dlc's after nothing happened with my open case.

For me origin beleives "The stone prisoner, wardens keep and return to ostagar" dlc as not owned and you need to buy them. But of course I own them in bioware social network. Opening the game also lists them all in the tabs (although 2 of the tabs are unusuable in the origin version)

All the rest of the DLC were active and working (although this may be because i had a number of dlc installs in my documents folder from years past when i last had origins installed via a disc. This possibly made getting it working for me easier. Guess I will keep these forever backed up from now on just in case).

Golems of agranok and feastday i never owned on the disc version and I brought those on origin. Apparently doing that those dlc are also available now on bioware social. It is odd they can't be back linked for all existing customers when it does it automatically the other way.

Steps that worked for me

Followed advice earlier to install the http://supportfiles.bioware.com/dragonage/DAUServiceDiagnostic_beta.exe to get daupdater installed.

Installed the dlc dazips from bioware social. Didn't even have to run the dragon age updater windows service so far. All the dlc are active and working

Now back to dragon age 1 through to inquisition playthrough Standard smile

Message 29 of 65 (12,861 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey People

Since I encountered a similar bug (DLC Stone Prisonner downloaded and installed, but not enabled ingame due to bad origin checking files) and was able to solve it, I just wanted to give a big thank to Dilbert89 whose topic help me get through mi troubles.

The key was to add the manifest.xml files that was missing ; It worked perfectly then. Too bad it doesn't work the same way for the Satinalia DLC, I will not be able to valid the refering quests then (Meh, the items are still there so I'm not complaining, this is very minor).

Thanks again man (or girl I don't know), you're a keeper.

Message 30 of 65 (12,602 Views)