Re: Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 + Dragon Age problems

by TanyaT99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nvidia Geforce GTX 670 + Dragon Age problems

★★★★★ Novice

It's both Dragon Ages

I've recently acquired a new computer with a flashy video card, in the past I have always had problems with Radeons, so I chose an Nvidia for this build,  problem is it hates DAO and DA2 - freezes with broken up screens, looks lots of little open windows

the card's an Nvidia Geforce GTX 670

so far Chillblast (the company I bought the PC from) have been very obliging and helpful, they've sent me a new one, which I'll fit tonight, but somehow I don't think there's actually anything wrong with the card, I feel it's something wrong with nvidia and Bioware...

what can I do to get the card to work with my favourite games? or, if this card goes TU, what modern card should I ask for as a replacement?

Message 1 of 3 (1,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi tanyat99,

I guess you play with the latest version of the Nvidia drivers, which in that case might be the problem. Please try to install an earlier, non-beta version of the driver. The previously released non-beta drivers, 270.61, are a known valid workaround.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,256 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi tanyat99,

I guess you play with the latest version of the Nvidia drivers, which in that case might be the problem. Please try to install an earlier, non-beta version of the driver. The previously released non-beta drivers, 270.61, are a known valid workaround.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,257 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thanks, will definitely give it a try.

I'll see how the week goes

Message 3 of 3 (1,176 Views)