Re: Need to patch PS3 but don't know how to get a modem to work on a PS3

by rawralicerawr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need to patch PS3 but don't know how to get a modem to work on a PS3

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently bought a copy of DA: Origins and was excited to play it, but it kept freezing on the loading screen. I started a mage character first. As soon as the character went into the fade it brought up a loading screen. I waited 15 minutes and it still had not finished loading. I pressed the PS button on my remote and it froze. I had to press the off button for a minute before it could shut down. I turned back on my Ps3 4 minutes later and tried again. It did the same thing all over again. I then decided to try a different class. I started a rogue character and it played until the conversation with Morrigan. When I chose the option to go with her to see her mother it brought me to a loading screen. After 10 minutes it still had not loaded, so I went away for awhile, thinking it would load. 30 minutes later I came back it still had not loaded. Today I went back to the GameStop I bought it from and they replaced it for me. I loaded my game, hoping it would continue, but it still stops at the same loading screen. I've heard someone say that you could download a Patch, but I do not have wireless internet to do so and I have no clue how to get a modem to work on a PS3. Please help! 

Message 1 of 5 (870 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi rawralicerawr,

Have you already tried to plug the modem you use for computer into your PS3?

You then only have to start the game on your PS3 and the patch should download automatically. After you downloaded the patch, you can re-attach the modem to your computer.

Hope that helps,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (890 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi rawralicerawr,

Have you already tried to plug the modem you use for computer into your PS3?

You then only have to start the game on your PS3 and the patch should download automatically. After you downloaded the patch, you can re-attach the modem to your computer.

Hope that helps,

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (891 Views)

★ Novice

I have previously plugged in the modem but it never seems to connect. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game but it came up as "-" and wouldn't start. I'll leve it for now and try again tomorrow. Sorry if I seem to be newbish, I've never used a modem on the ps3 before.

Message 3 of 5 (826 Views)

Community Manager

Hi rawralicerawr,

The PlayStation Knowledge Center has really good advice on troubleshooting your network connection. You can also check the PlayStation 3 Community Support Forum.

Hope that helps!

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 4 of 5 (819 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! The patch downloaded and it works fine now! Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5 (812 Views)