I Cant even start the game

by NovaGBx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I Cant even start the game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

HI so i cant even start the game, i press new game the video starts to load of the spinning circle thing, then the game locks up and the only way i can get out of it is by restarting my computer every time.

I tried both dx9 and dx11, dx 11 just gives me black screens, dx9 at least shows some display.

have tried in full screen and windowed mode, all graphics settings, no graphics settings.

have tried in compatibility mode for windows 7 & 8

have tried disabling in game overlays from everything, steam, discord, origin, nvidia etc etc

There is no error message that i can see.

My spec is

Windows 11
RTX 3080ti
Ryzen 7 5800x
32gb DDR 4 4000mhz
1tb NVME gen 4

All drivers up to date, No issues with any other games except constantly origin saying games are not installed when i have bought them on steam and that goes for every EA game.

Message 1 of 3 (696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I Cant even start the game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Only windows defender, i fixed the game by using the fan made memory patch you can find on google which unlocks the game to use more ram.

4GB Patch – NTCore

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (553 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is there any antivirus software running in the background? That sometimes interferes with certain EA games launching. You can test this by temporarily disabling antivirus. If you can launch the game that way, you can solve this permanently by setting exceptions for the Origin folder as well as the game's installation folder.

Some other software, like Razer Synapse, doesn't always play nice either. If you have that, try disabling it as well. If neither that or antivirus is the cause, you can try a clean boot to confirm if any other third party software is the cause of the problem: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Only windows defender, i fixed the game by using the fan made memory patch you can find on google which unlocks the game to use more ram.

4GB Patch – NTCore

Message 3 of 3 (554 Views)