Re: How to fix some DLC issues

by mutive

Original Post

Re: Why isn't my solution for Dragon Age: Origins downloaded posted as a self-he

★★★ Apprentice

The way I have managed to get back into the old forums is to open the page that shows you your registered BioWare games and allows you to register keys for any games you own that aren't listed:  https://social.bioware.com/user_bw_games_register.php If you are already logged in to the BioWare site, it will simply pull up your list.  If not, it will tell you to log in.  Once you are logged in, the menu buttons at the top of the page still appear to work just fine for navigating around the old forums and such...  Just sayin'...

Message 11 of 20 (14,233 Views)

Re: Why isn't my solution for Dragon Age: Origins downloaded posted as a self-he

★★★ Apprentice

@PotentPotions wrote:

The way I have managed to get back into the old forums is to open the page that shows you your registered BioWare games and allows you to register keys for any games you own that aren't listed:  https://social.bioware.com/user_bw_games_register.php If you are already logged in to the BioWare site, it will simply pull up your list.  If not, it will tell you to log in.  Once you are logged in, the menu buttons at the top of the page still appear to work just fine for navigating around the old forums and such...  Just sayin'...

... Update:--

Rats. Just tried to access the very same post I had bookmarked previously and now the link just redirects to the crummy NEW Forums.  They must have finally fixed that.  <sigh>  How depressing.

Message 12 of 20 (14,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have the binship or dauploader files at all on my computer. Can somebody help me install the DLC I got?

Message 13 of 20 (13,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Anyone got a fix?

Message 14 of 20 (8,831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BikFlofer& @ShockDaPriest ;  Ummm.... It's literally impossible not to have the "\bin_ship" folder on your PC.  The game simply won't be installed (and therefore, can't be played) without it.  Where are you looking?

[EDIT:  If your PC is set to hide "system files", which would include the "\Program Files (x86)" folder, you'll have to change that setting to see that location.]

Message 15 of 20 (8,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about consoles?  Are there any solutions for DLC console crashes?

Message 16 of 20 (8,066 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The OP needs to be revised as the social bioware site is now defunct and irrelevant.  And to that note, it's time for this thread to be unpinned until a proper fix is implemented.

Message 17 of 20 (7,898 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agreed. The issue is still there and seems to persist whether you use the disk (I've tried) or the Origins downloader. Either way, I feel that EA should fix this. I've probably spent around $100 on Dragon Age DLC (more if you count Awakenings) as I bought almost all when they came out. I'd like to replay them (or at least have the option).

I get wanting to retire sites (that's 'fine), but when they did that, EA should have put in the fix to allow content to be available through Origins.

Message 18 of 20 (6,746 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes. With the new EA thingy my dlc and add-ons aren't installing. The add-on manager tells me they're installed. The downloadable content in the start menu of DAO has none of that content listed and the items (rings, armour, weapons, amulets and belts) are not in the inventory in game. Why all the sudden difficulty?

Message 19 of 20 (2,030 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 20 of 20 (1,942 Views)