Re: How to enable developer console on EA Desktop?

by Begman94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to enable developer console on EA Desktop?

★★★ Novice

Hey y'all! Just another unfortunate soul getting screwed over by the ridiculous decision to force a large percentage of your customer base to use an app that's in beta.

I'm trying to play Dragon Age Origins with the in-game console enabled, but everything I've tried doesn't work. Seriously, I've done every single method the wiki outlines, none of them work. I even downloaded the DAOriginsLauncher.xml file from a friend of mine who plays on steam, to no avail. From what I can tell, the only way is to use the built-in command line in origin, which EA Desktop does not have.

I genuinely cannot play without the dev console. I'm having a mod conflict that requires me to add XP manually, and neither mod is one I'd like to disable. Does anybody here know another way to enable it that isn't on the wiki? Thanks!

Wiki page in question 

Message 1 of 16 (10,769 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

In 'My Collection' push three dots button and 'View Properties' Then in Advanced launch options write -enabledeveloperconsole

Maybe someone already found this, but i cant find it on the internet

View in thread

Message 8 of 16 (7,402 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
@Gigglebaggle Hey... I'm having the same problem, and is my first time playing Dragon Age, im playing awakening right now, and i lost all my itens, and i am trying to use a mod to recover morrigans ring... Did you find a way of use the console ?
Message 2 of 16 (10,440 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

same here ea does not care 

Message 3 of 16 (10,295 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you find anything?

Message 4 of 16 (9,849 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, I don't even know about EA Desktop. I've missed lot of informations. Lost in the woods. Is EA Desktop like Steam app? I have Dragon Age: Origins in Steam version. And I can activate its developer mode. But I don't know how to enable the developer mode on EA Desktop. 

Message 5 of 16 (9,844 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue and chat support sent me to manually search the forum myself...after telling them I have already manually searched the forum myself.

If you have the Origin game launcher you can try to launch the game while that is running instead of the EA app. You must ensure EA app is closed and Origin is open before running the game. I can use console using this method but as we all know, EA creating the EA app means the Origin Launcher will die, probably sooner rather than later.

I hope this helps some of you

Message 6 of 16 (9,369 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sadly this only works if you own a copy. Since my only owned copy is for Xbox 360 and the PC version through EA Desktop uses Microsofts Xbox Gamepass, you would think it somehow would work better together but no. Just gotta wait for a cheaper physical copy from Amazon because I am not paying full price for a decade+ old game. 🙄 So make sure you own it peeps!

Message 7 of 16 (7,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

In 'My Collection' push three dots button and 'View Properties' Then in Advanced launch options write -enabledeveloperconsole

Maybe someone already found this, but i cant find it on the internet

Message 8 of 16 (7,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you see, I did that with dragon age inquisition but when i enter the game to use cheats it keeps saying "unknown command"

Message 9 of 16 (6,909 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MIghtyRaccoon tried this no console
Message 10 of 16 (6,045 Views)