Re: Freezing issue in The Exiled Prince

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@eaursula wrote:

@fredvdp wrote:

Thanks for the workaround. I won't try this anytime soon, but I will confirm whether the workaround works before Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out. Standard smile

Ursula, is there any chance that when QA finds a solution they'll turn it into an official patch? My guess is no, but one can dream, right?

For the moment the QA team is still trying to reproduce the issue. You may get the impression that everyone has this issue as several people post about it, but obviously that's not the case (I never had it too - but then, I'm super lucky with games and rarely see a bug at all).

I'll let you know when I get more information.

So, any updates? Has the QA team had any luck in reproducing this bug?

Something I thought of trying is backing up my saves then completely deleting the game and all files for it, then reinstalling from fresh downloads.   Anyone actually tried this yet?

EDIT: Okay, I did go ahead and try a complete reinstall of the entire game and fresh download of everything from Origin, and the bug remains. Frown

Message 41 of 68 (3,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I didn't look back through all the prior posts to see if you already answered this, but...

What kind of CPU and graphics card do you have?  I'm wondering if this is another AMD-related glitch, like the "black boxes for body models during parts of "Mission: Noveria" in Mass Effect turned out to be.

(Not that it's likely, since the work-around of removing the patch folders allows you to play this part of the story.  But every little bit of information helps to isolate the issue.)

Message 42 of 68 (3,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here is some of my video card DXDIAG info...  never had this problem prior to patch 1.04, even with Legacy under 1.03 which is why it's so weird to me.

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M   
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 560M
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
            Display Memory: 704 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 3019 MB
      Shared Memory: 1780 MB

Oh and CPU

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
             Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12266MB RAM

Message 43 of 68 (3,398 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Expert

Then I got nuthin'...

I don't experience this issue myself, just the endless "Loading..." before the encounter with Lady Harimann during the "Repentance" quest in Act II.  Since [Esc] solves this, I haven't had to do anything else. 

Message 44 of 68 (3,393 Views)

★ Guide

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

Then I got nuthin'...

I don't experience this issue myself, just the endless "Loading..." before the encounter with Lady Harimann during the "Repentance" quest in Act II.  Since [Esc] solves this, I haven't had to do anything else. 

When you hit escape there, do you actually miss the first part of the conversation? Also, does it still do it at the end, and do you miss anything? I have never paid attention doing it twice to find out... and I'm not to Act III yet to see if I am still getting the game breaking glitch in "Faith" or not.

Message 45 of 68 (3,389 Views)

★★ Novice

which first? install 1.03 first the uninstall/reinstall or vice versa?

Message 46 of 68 (3,085 Views)

★ Guide

@asomon1 wrote:

which first? install 1.03 first the uninstall/reinstall or vice versa?

Not sure what you mean, but I'll try to answer/clarify.

This bug is with the latest patch 1.05, so you just need to TEMPORARILY move the folder specified above, do the two affected quests, then put the folder back before you do the Legacy DLC.  While you can do the Legacy DLC just fine without it (whether by not updating or by removing and then not replacing the folder), you'll be missing tons of extra dialogue and such that wasn't triggering properly, but somehow in making those trigger, at the same time they made it so that it caused the Exiled Prince cutscenes to hang indefinitely (and Faith in Act III seems to just never load at all)

Message 47 of 68 (3,083 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

removing the patch file from addins worked for me, many thx

Message 48 of 68 (3,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So guys.. I tried a lot of things.. but the problem persists.

I'm avoiding reinstall the game.

Any news about this issue?

Thanks!

Message 49 of 68 (2,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@drodrigogp wrote:

So guys.. I tried a lot of things.. but the problem persists.

I'm avoiding reinstall the game.

Any news about this issue?

Thanks!

Unfortunately Dragon Age II's ship has sailed.  This isn't going to be fixed. Ever.  (But, I would love if it EA proved me wrong.) Now, you said you tried a lot of things, but the problem persists.  THe only way most of us have found to fix it is as I've said above to TEMPORARILY remove the above mentioned folder BEFORE starting the affected missions, then restoring them.

Actually, what would be even better to try is remove the folder.  Keep it out at all times, only adding it back in when you are doing the Legacy DLC module.  Then, when you finish Legacy, remove the folder again.  Since it's merely dialogue fixes within Legacy and not actual important files to the rest of the game, you will still keep all of your gear and such, but you will not have the conflict with Sebastian's missions.

Message 50 of 68 (2,951 Views)