Re: Freezing issue in The Exiled Prince

by absolutgrndzer0

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@eaursula wrote:

For the moment the QA team is still trying to reproduce the issue. You may get the impression that everyone has this issue as several people post about it, but obviously that's not the case (I never had it too - but then, I'm super lucky with games and rarely see a bug at all).

I'll let you know when I get more information.

Thanks for keeping us informed and thank them for continuing to work on this! I think most of us had pretty much given up hope of ever seeing this actually fixed, and I know in my case I just accepted that I'd never play with the Legacy fixes. Standard smile

Message 31 of 68 (4,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I followed the instructions listed and still get the freeze Frown

I am playing through Origin (NOT on purpose - I got duped with ME3 and it swallowed my DAII files; grrrr) so is there maybe a secondary copy of the folder somewhere that I have missed?

Message 32 of 68 (4,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@meginferelden wrote:

I am playing through Origin (NOT on purpose - I got duped with ME3 and it swallowed my DAII files; grrrr) so is there maybe a secondary copy of the folder somewhere that I have missed?

Hmmm maybe since you downloaded it as full 1.04 you might try downloading and reinstalling Exiled Prince? Not really sure... Frown

Message 33 of 68 (4,090 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hmmm, I uninstalled it from origin before I started messing around.

You will definitely need to turn off automatic updates, that's probably replacing the folder.

Other than that, copy your save games, uninstall from origin (still with automatic updates off) and reinstall from cd, then patch and follow the post - hope it works, I'm just guessing based on my experiments
Message 34 of 68 (4,089 Views)

★ Guide

@meginferelden wrote:

Also, I downloaded and installed DA2 from Origin myself (though I did orginally purchase the disc, just entered my code in Origin to unlock the download to bypass the CD in the drive requirement).   I don't run through Origin unless I choose to take advantage of the "Cloud Saves" feature, which I'm not doing at this time.  So, maybe you just need to restore your shortcuts?  In the DAII program folder you should have a file called "da2launcher.exe" which SHOULD allow you to bypass Origin.

Message 35 of 68 (4,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for this tyrium88. I had to scratch my Dragon Age itch and reinstalled DA2 on my Win8 system. Unfortunately I came across this issue in the "faith" quest. Your fix worked for me. Much appreciated.

Message 36 of 68 (3,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found another fix instead of uninstalling...
When running to a place with a scene which gives this bug,

press escape repeatedly while running towards it.
It will give you the gamemenu a lot, but ignore that, you will be able to escape the loadingpart in the end and still see the sequence. (unless you escape a few times too many Wink )

Message 37 of 68 (3,876 Views)

Hero

When I first encountered the issue, I had both The Exiled Prince and Legacy installed. I recently got Mark of the Assassin and the issue changed so that removing the patch folder was no longer necessary.

The freeze in act 2 is still there, but you can still get past that by pressing escape. The freeze in act 3, the one that was game breaking, no longer occurs in any form.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 38 of 68 (3,759 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

One should  also  give  a  work around  for people using  windows 7.

Message 39 of 68 (3,600 Views)

★ Guide

I use Windows 7 and the delete the Legacy patch folder then put it back works.

Message 40 of 68 (3,598 Views)