Re: Freezing issue in The Exiled Prince

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

★★ Novice

I registered DA2 on Origin but it also installes the game on patch 1.04, is there a way to manually patch it or do I have to talk to the guys in origin?

Message 21 of 68 (31,161 Views)

★ Guide

You might have to talk to them then... Frown   I know when I installed it last to fix this issue it didn't install 1.04, but they may have updated Origin's default installation since then.

Is that the base install that installed 1.04, or did you install it, then go to "Update game" because you cant let it UPDATE I know that...

I just double-checked my install, and I have 1.03.  I also have the 1.03 patch file on my external HD for backup.

Message 22 of 68 (31,131 Views)

★★ Novice

well to be honest, this is a really annoying bug but I just finished the game... I just don't wanna talk to tech support and it's not that important to the story.

maybe I'll do it for the next playthrough so thanks for the help

Message 23 of 68 (31,120 Views)

★ Apprentice

I know this is a major necro, but I've been struggling with this issue again.

I've found a workaround that actually works, without having to reinstall.

This error only happens with Legacy installed - I was experimenting, and discovered that if you update to 1.04 without Legacy, it's fine. Some more playing, and I have a workaround that works without killing saves:

1. go to your program files -> DA2 folder -> addins

2. In addins, find prc_drk_ something

3. inside that folder, open module

4. select teh 'patch' folder, and "cut" it to the desktop

Play Seb's quests - it should work perfectly normally

Replace the patch folder when you are done.

You could just delete the patch folder completely, but then you won't get the dialogue fixes it got in 1.04

Message 24 of 68 (59,298 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@tyrium88;  I will have to experiment with this, (I have the more minor endless "loading..." message glitch with "The Exiled Prince".)

But CONGRATULATIONS for finding a workaround for this issue!  It's been a real puzzler.

Message 25 of 68 (30,901 Views)

★ Apprentice

Heya, I got the endless loading glitch in Repentence - this fixes that Standard smile

Message 26 of 68 (30,885 Views)

Community Manager

Interesting workaround, thanks for that. I'll forward it to the team that is looking into this.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 27 of 68 (30,871 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the workaround. I won't try this anytime soon, but I will confirm whether the workaround works before Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out. Standard smile

Ursula, is there any chance that when QA finds a solution they'll turn it into an official patch? My guess is no, but one can dream, right?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 28 of 68 (30,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks for this latest idea to fix it, and yes I too would like to know if there is ANY chance of us actually getting an official fix?

EDIT: Just wanted to chime in that this workaround DID work for me... I removed the patch folder as instructed right before running Repentence... and got NO problems whatsoever. 

Message 29 of 68 (30,811 Views)

Community Manager

@fredvdp wrote:

Thanks for the workaround. I won't try this anytime soon, but I will confirm whether the workaround works before Dragon Age: Inquisition comes out. Standard smile

Ursula, is there any chance that when QA finds a solution they'll turn it into an official patch? My guess is no, but one can dream, right?

For the moment the QA team is still trying to reproduce the issue. You may get the impression that everyone has this issue as several people post about it, but obviously that's not the case (I never had it too - but then, I'm super lucky with games and rarely see a bug at all).

I'll let you know when I get more information.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 30 of 68 (30,795 Views)