Dwarf Noble - Can't talk to gorim in prison??

by Terpal12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dwarf Noble - Can't talk to gorim in prison??

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey. So I ran into this bughttp://i.imgur.com/ihcS5tj.jpg

It's at the part where I get imprisoned after having been framed for "my brother's" death. Gorim and the guard enter the scene, stop talking, and just stay there as you can see in the screenshot. I'm tried reverting saves countless times but to no avail. Restarting doesn't work either.

TBH, it's extremely disappointing to see this bug still exists so many years after its release, apparently others were having this problem 3 years ago but got no solution or official replyhttp://social.bioware.com/forum/topic/58/index/481806

Does anyone have a solution they found? And Bioware, fix this game breaking bug, I think it'd be long overdue anyway.

PS: I have the Steam version and am on Windows 7. Some more info from the DAO Config: http://i.imgur.com/GOeNEsI.png

Message 1 of 24 (25,919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dwarf Noble - Can't talk to gorim in prison??

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey, is this the bug where the guard never gets close enough to talk to?  He walks toward the cell, then sort of stops half-way?

If so, turns out the fix is to enable v-sync in the video options.  No idea why, but if that's what's happening, then that's the solution.  (Weird, I know.)

View in thread

Message 7 of 24 (25,024 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

bumpp. does anyone have a solution? Can we finally get an official reply on this issue? I tried reinstalling the game and it still doesnt work.

Message 2 of 24 (25,847 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@sairothon wrote:

bumpp. does anyone have a solution? Can we finally get an official reply on this issue? I tried reinstalling the game and it still doesnt work.

This forum is unofficial.  Only the EA Help Center offers access to any "official" anything.  You can only reach other game players here, today.  This is Answers HQ, and it's comparatively new.  The social site forum of the same nature, self-help tech discussions, had already become moribund before it was locked down.  This place will have a hard time building much of a resident population unless the release of DA3 includes any Trilogy offering.

I never played a dwarf; never was interested in doing so.  I don't remember any prior messages threads anywhere about your problem, sorry.  I don't think you are likely to get an answer here, now.  You may wish to run a professional search of the Social site's tech forum; all the old threads are still there.  Just don't waste time with the Finder Function offered on-site.

Message 3 of 24 (25,785 Views)

★★★ Novice

Alright, I'll go ahead and contact EA directly. Thanks for the reply! I realized this was all new, but not that there was such a lack of people around here. Anyway, thanks again Standard smile I'll post what I am told on this thread in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Message 4 of 24 (25,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey did you ever find the answer to the Dwarf Noble glitch?  I was really enjoying that one and then got stopped dead, it was really disappointing to me.

Message 5 of 24 (24,538 Views)

★★★ Novice

No never did, never got a reply from anyone at EA/Bioware. Pretty disappointing I know :/ Don't think they'll ever fix it seeing as this bug has been known and reported 6+ years ago now.

Message 6 of 24 (24,536 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hey, is this the bug where the guard never gets close enough to talk to?  He walks toward the cell, then sort of stops half-way?

If so, turns out the fix is to enable v-sync in the video options.  No idea why, but if that's what's happening, then that's the solution.  (Weird, I know.)

Message 7 of 24 (25,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yeah that's the right bug, the screenshot in the original post shows it as well (impressed by imgur that it's still up).

@kiyuma Try this and let us know if that works, I'd be curious to see if there is a solution after all after so many years :P

Message 8 of 24 (24,532 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello guys, as a matter of fact I just tried the "enable v-sync" solution and it works like a charm.

Thanks a lot !

Message 9 of 24 (24,050 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried the "v-sync" solution on Windows 10 with the Steam version of Dragon Age: Origins, and it didn't work for me, unfortunately.

Message 10 of 24 (22,369 Views)