Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

by PetroniusProwler

Original Post

Re: Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

★★★ Newbie

Mine only crashes when I have google chrome open.

Chrome is a recourse hog and will quickly eat up 90% of your memory with its 16 processes it starts.

Message 41 of 45 (3,409 Views)

★ Novice

The patch worked for me! Thank you! I have an 8gb card and the Ultimate Edition via Origin. In Denerim, I still have to set graphics detail to just high and texture detail to medium or it will crash. Almost everywhere else I can do very high, unless I bring Shale. The detail on her crystals just kills the game. 

I also play with lots of mods and have had situations where the game would crash at the end of a cutscene even on lowest settings. What fixed it was just... removing all the relevant characters’ high quality moded clothing, weapons, and accessories before the cutscene and making them talk in their undies instead of trying to uninstall a .dazip and force start the game without it. Hopefully with this patch I won’t have to do that anymore, but that’s one work around if anyone runs into that particular kind of crash. 

Message 42 of 45 (3,356 Views)

★★ Novice

You my friend are a life saver. Worked like a charm thank you!!!

Message 43 of 45 (3,207 Views)

★ Novice

Hi wondering where can i get a Hak program?

Message 44 of 45 (1,649 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon age Origins, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 45 of 45 (1,573 Views)