Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

by PetroniusProwler

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

★★★★ Novice

Im having an issue with dragon age origins ultimate edition at the start of the game in ostagar the game just keeps crashing while playing or while loading my save i tried 3 times start a new game i tried 2 times reinstall the game i tried repair the game 4 times i tried setting cpu affinity i tried disabling sli i tried many things my system specs are intel core i5-4690K 2x sli gtx960 16gb ram and asus tuf sabertooth mark 2 usb3.1 motherboard please help me fix my game Frown

Message 1 of 45 (97,063 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

★★★★ Novice

I put texture detail to the lowest setting and the crashes stopped Standard smile its just sad that the game looks ugly now Frown

View in thread

Message 11 of 45 (145,806 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @PetroniusProwler,

I'm going to ask the usual question but do you have any mods installed and can you join a DxDiag so the community can have a proper look at the system. Thanks!

Message 2 of 45 (96,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im not using any mods Standard smile and im gonna put dxdiag here 

Message 3 of 45 (96,965 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks @PetroniusProwler,

You may have tried that already but just in case, have you tried the launch the game in compatibility mode? For Dragon Age: Origins selecting XP Service Pack 3 is the best option. 

Other than that I'm afraid I''m not the most tech savvy head on this forum and I can't really think of anything else. I'll let the Problem signature here for further analysis.

Problem signature:

P1: daorigins.exe

P2: 1.5.13263.0

P3: 52164c37

P4: daorigins.exe

P5: 1.5.13263.0

P6: 52164c37

P7: c0000005

P8: 0006e69c

P9: 

P10: 

Message 4 of 45 (96,952 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah i already tried that Frown

Message 5 of 45 (96,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Silly question, but did your reinstall involve new saves and not loading older saves that you know give you the issue? 

I am just wondering if you have some kind of corrupt save files. 

Otherwise, I am not someone who can help much.  Just the only thing I was thinking of when I read this. 

In games like this I usually end up with over a thousand saves.  Because I am nuts, and save after and before I do anything.  lol

Once I had a corrupt save and had to revert to an earlier save to get it to work.  So I thought maybe I would mention it. 

EDIT: Oh and try and turn off Origin in game. 

Right click game, game properties, option in there. 

Worth a shot. 

Message 6 of 45 (96,923 Views)

★★★★ Novice

when i reinstalled it included EVERYTHING i removed every dragon age origins thing from my pc including saves.

Message 7 of 45 (96,900 Views)

★★★★ Novice

if is my save corrupt then that would mean that every game i ever started every new save everything is corrupt :D because no matter how many times do i start i allways get trouble at that starting warden location ostagar i managed to crash through ostagar and get inside the tower where i have to light the fire in the tower the crashing stopped Standard smile i think i just need to get the hell away from ostagar as soon as possible the problem is that i still have the DLC return to ostagar so i will have to go back there later :D that will probably give me a heart attack

Message 8 of 45 (96,897 Views)

★★★★ Novice

its not crashing only in ostagar sadly now i had a crash in lothering while approaching a templar Frown

Message 9 of 45 (96,887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

nice after this last crash i cant load my save at all i tried it 7 times no succes allways * crash why cant someone help me?!Screw admins and moderators nobody just cant help me with my problem..... someone just makes a game and then doesnt care if someone cant run it!

Message 10 of 45 (96,883 Views)