Re: Dragon Age2 DLC is not working.

by Seykirr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age2 DLC is not working.

★★★ Newbie

I bought DA2 Complete from steam on blackfriday, but the DLC is not working properly. at fist it's unauthorized.

i changed MID="217" RequiresAuthorization="1"> to  RequiresAuthorization="0">

and I solved the problem. But I still couldn't find DLC items and quests in the game. How can I solve this? upload a screenshot together.

Message 1 of 23 (10,587 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @dakyeums

Have you tried downloading the DLC directly to see if that helps? For more info on how to download the files check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (10,510 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @dakyeums

Have you tried downloading the DLC directly to see if that helps? For more info on how to download the files check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 23 (10,511 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there,

I'm not dakyeums but I have the same problem. My DLCs are shown installed but Mark of the Assassin, Legacy and Exiled Prince are not showing in game.

I downloaded them from https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/#dragonage and managed to install them but it doesn't seem to appear in the game.

Is there a way I can fix it ? I already tried the thing with "MID="217" RequiresAuthorization="1"> to  RequiresAuthorization="0"" but this only managed to make the game understand the DLC is installed.

Thank you for your time

Message 3 of 23 (10,362 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Seykirr

Are you running Dragon Age 2 through Origin, or are you using a different platform? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 23 (10,335 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I'm running it with EA Desktop and acquired the game via Xbox Game Pass on PC.

Message 5 of 23 (10,324 Views)

Community Manager

@Seykirr 

Got it, thanks!

Just to confirm have you tried launching EA Desktop and Dragon Age 2 as an Administrator just to test and see if that makes any difference? 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 23 (10,306 Views)

★★ Novice

I launched EA Desktop as an Administrator (don't know how to launch Dragon Age 2 as an admin from there though) and nothing changed

Message 7 of 23 (10,292 Views)

Community Manager

@Seykirr 

Thanks for giving that a shot. 

Could you share a DxDiag when you have the chance? For more info on how you can pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 8 of 23 (10,268 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Here it is.

There are some words in French, I hope it's okay

Message 9 of 23 (10,251 Views)

Community Manager

@Seykirr 

Thank you! 

I appreciate that. I'm curious if there might be something going on with the EA Desktop client's cached data that could be causing issues with the game seeing the DLC. When you've got the chance could you try clearing the cache for EA Desktop to see if that helps? 

You can find more info on how to clear the cache at the EA Help website. Once you've had the chance to give it a try please let me know how it goes. Thanks again. 

Kent.png
Message 10 of 23 (10,204 Views)