Dragon Age: origins missing executable problem

by Bloomfield8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: origins missing executable problem

★★★ Newbie

Hey!

So, I have this problem with starting DAO. I am running it from steam and anytime I try to start it up it only gets to the first startup menu and then the configuration utility crashes.

I have looked in the support information option, and it tells me there is a missing executable in the docs? I have provided screenshots.

I have tried everything suggested to me so far, from deleting download cache, verifying files, uninstalling/installing the game etc. I am a bit lost on what to do. Because there is a missing executable steam apparently won't give me a Key to at least transfer it to origin which is less than ideal. 

If anyone can help me, that would be great!

Message 1 of 6 (1,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age: origins missing executable problem

Hero

Have you confirmed that the executable really is missing? If this is just some Steam quirk and the actual exe is in the main folder, you may be able to just turn off Steam and run the game straight from the executable. I have the game on Origin, and that works for me, but I'm not sure about Steam.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,308 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Steam Support :: Failed to Start Game (Missing Executable)

Start with the suggestion of adding an exception for the game to your anti-virus program.

Message 2 of 6 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@theskymoves I tried that as well and it didn't work Frown
Message 3 of 6 (1,335 Views)

Hero

Have you confirmed that the executable really is missing? If this is just some Steam quirk and the actual exe is in the main folder, you may be able to just turn off Steam and run the game straight from the executable. I have the game on Origin, and that works for me, but I'm not sure about Steam.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Привет друг у меня такая же проблема, ты смог вылечить ее? если ты смог сделать можешь рассказать как?

Message 5 of 6 (285 Views)

Community Manager

Hello @gedrfhsdfg 

It looks like you might have posted on our EN Dragon Age boards, for better assistnace you might want to post on our Russian Game Boards.

At the moment the following languages are supported on Answers HQ:

I will now close this thread, feel free to repost it in any of the aforementioned languages.

You can also contact an EA Game advisor at go.ea.com/HowToEAHelp.

Cheers!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 6 (225 Views)