Dragon Age: Origins Servers down 2020

by Deceased666999

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Servers down 2020

★ Novice

Jeez, good to know. I spent this weekend going a bit crazy trying to troubleshoot this. I just started replaying the game (last played in 2015) and imagine my surprise when it wasn't uploaded to the Keep and I had to manually do everything myself with a default Rogue Warden.

And with DA4 in the works, I wouldn't be surprised if some new people to this game start griping at EA about this if they get DAO.

Message 71 of 83 (3,022 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm in three same boat.  This is really annoying

Message 72 of 83 (2,898 Views)

★★★ Novice

2021 April / May...on xbox one x, put in disc 2 ultimate edition all dlc disc (reviisted this like 2017 2018 like almost every year). All i got 'there is a problem getting this content at this time' ergo YES forcing to rebuy ALL the DLC. Server isn't available. HECK I"M SPAMMING THE XBOX REPORT THE PROBLEM TOO. This also applies to Fallout 3 and New Vegas complete editions.

Message 73 of 83 (2,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh my god guys. I played Origins years ago on PC. I missed DA2. Now I'm on Xbox and I decided to play Inquisition but after replaying 1 and 2 again first. Then I realised the Origins servers don't work anymore and my progress doesn't upload to the keep...

That just did a big number on my enthusiasm to play Dragon Age ever again.

The only way to do it would be to manually update the keep whilst playing the game for every single choice I make. That's a chore and totally unimmersive. Total turn off.

I can't believe some idiot decided to turn these servers off. There must be thousands of veteran Dragon Age players like me who will encounter this issue and seriously think about whether they can care about Dragon Age 4, now.

Message 74 of 83 (2,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The part that honestly kills me with all of this, is that you don't even need to recode the game, you just need to code in a patch to that particular load system that redirects to the appropriate server. At this point though the tapestry can sit while I complete the first game again. It is likely too much work for them to create a redirect that will establish a link to your profile for automatic real-time updates. It's sad really. Could've been an easy fix, probably still is, that will never see the light of day.

Message 75 of 83 (2,454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alot of the dlc, including Blood Dragon Armor, isnt available for download. & even if it was alot of us have the ultimate edition which has all the dlc but without the servers it may as well be a paper weight.

Message 76 of 83 (2,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I FINALLY got through to an EA advisor that actually knew what was going on with these servers (only took 2 freaking years). The servers were disconnected due to the game's age. This is apparently common practice after a certain amount of years, but should only affect playing the online multiplayer mode. While the servers down does affect being able to automatically upload things to the keep, you can redownload all the DLC from the store and access them from the "New Game" menu instead of the "Downloadable Content" menu, depending on the pack. All the items, Shale, and Wardens keep will still appear in game while playing offline. Annoying as hell that we have to redownload everything from the console store instead of in game, but hey. I'm just happy to finally have my DLC back. 

Hope this helps! 

Message 77 of 83 (1,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nope it affects everything.  I can’t connect and can’t build a new tapestry at all to use with the sequels.  It’s infuriating

Message 78 of 83 (1,551 Views)

★★ Novice

Why I can't access My dragon age origins account  it said the dragon age servers is temporary unavailable

Message 79 of 83 (1,419 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is my problem as well I am a huge fan of the game and I had all the content but now it is unavailbe to me which really is really bugging me I have contacted both EA and Microsoft and even microsoft is unable to authorise the DLC for my account. It a bit ridiculous really like thousands of people have lost items they paid for and all because they thought it would be a good idea to shut down the servers. Its kind of a kick in the teeth if you ask me I mean how hard could it of been to keep the DAO 1 servers active

Message 80 of 83 (1,032 Views)