Re: Dragon Age Origins DLC not installed with Ultimate edition through Xbox Game

by Troubadour313

Original Post

Dragon Age Origins DLC not installed with Ultimate edition through Xbox Gamepass

★★ Novice

EA Play through Xbox Gamepass Ultimate on PC indicates you get Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition but after you install the game it only lists Awakenings as DLC.  All other DLC listed as part of the Ultimate Edition are listed as available in the ingame Journal but not indicated as installed.  Ex/ The Golems of Amgarrak.

On the page indicated on EA for downloading old DLC it specifically states if you installed game through Origins or EA Desktop you should install the DLC through that app but there is no option to obtain the DLC that I can find in the EA Desktop App.  There is no option that I see to update the game in the app either.

If you select the DLC in the journal in game and try the Buy Content option it gives an error indicating Dragon Age Servers are unavailable.

How are you supposed to get the DLC that was indicated to be included?

Message 1 of 10 (16,007 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Origins DLC not installed with Ultimate edition through Xbox Game

★★★★★ Novice

The dragon age wiki has links to download all of the files needed for the DLC if the main game is valid. I'm unaware if you can bypass the authentication needed from the servers, as EA has extremely aggressive DRM when it comes to this series. Most should work fine if you follow the instructions though.

Message 2 of 10 (15,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

A month without a single reply from EA!? This is ridiculous. None of the other articles are working, there is no option to actually download DLC from EA Desktop.

Message 3 of 10 (15,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Troubadour313 https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/#dragonage

I had to go here and install all this stuff, I'll let you know if it works. But I had to search around for the answers. I don't know how it can be this broken, but it is.

Edit : So I installed that stuff and now my game just doesn't load at all. Sick.
Message 4 of 10 (15,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Troubadour313 All right, continuing my chronicles. After installing everything and patching, I had to do a reinstall and then finally the game ostensibly works with all DLCs.
Message 5 of 10 (15,559 Views)

★★ Novice

after getting it to work, did it actually play well throughout the game?

Message 6 of 10 (14,112 Views)

★ Novice
@ImsetyLF Solution to anyone who had OPs problem is to download them from storefront or manage game and ready to install add-ons.
Message 7 of 10 (13,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Darknessfate Which storefront are you talking about? Xbox or EA?
Message 8 of 10 (10,426 Views)

★ Novice

For those who have the problem uninstall your games and install it without the DLC then after INSTALL the DLC

Message 9 of 10 (9,796 Views)

Message 10 of 10 (8,430 Views)