Re: Dragon Age II DLC Authorization Issues (Steam)

by Daydreams2003

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age II DLC Authorization Issues (Steam)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I purchased Dragon Age II and the "Dragon Age II DLC Bundle": through Steam. My game launches and runs fine, opening Origin when launching in Steam. I can also see in Origin that I have the DLC via Steam. However, the DLC (as listed in the main menu) shows as installed but unauthorized, and DLC content is not appearing in game. How can I authorize the DLC?

Also, I've already tried the files from this page: However, they generate an error saying DA2 is not installed. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/

(Please note I also posted this to the main tech support forums, so sorry if I'm spamming!-- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Issue-activating-Dragon-Age-II-DLC-on-Steam/m-...

Thanks for any help you can give! 

Message 1 of 5 (1,645 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
@Quantumdreamt So a EA's agent on live chat helped me solve the problem today. It was very stupid, because I found out that I was using the wrong email address to log in in game all this time. I made a typo and somehow the game allowed me to log on multiple times with an account that doesn't actually exist, that's why I couldn't see the problem. I suggest you to find an EA agent to help you as well, they can really be a life saver.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,482 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@Quantumdreamt I'm having the exact same problem! I tried every fix I can find but I still don't have the DLC's contents. I did however found a way around the DA2 not installed problem using the "Run "DragonAge2Config.exe"" method mentioned in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Dragon-Age-Games/DLC-Won-t-Install-Because-DA2-Not-Installed-on-C/td...
I hope you'll have better luck fixing the whole problem! Can't believe so many people are still having this problem in 2022.
Message 2 of 5 (1,504 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Quantumdreamt So a EA's agent on live chat helped me solve the problem today. It was very stupid, because I found out that I was using the wrong email address to log in in game all this time. I made a typo and somehow the game allowed me to log on multiple times with an account that doesn't actually exist, that's why I couldn't see the problem. I suggest you to find an EA agent to help you as well, they can really be a life saver.
Message 3 of 5 (1,483 Views)

★★ Novice

So, interesting, this does solve the problem (in my case Iogin wasn't working the first few times I played the game and I assumed it was because so many of the associated servers with DAO/DA2 games are permanently down... but no, possibly just a typo or temporary error since this seems to connect to different servers and worked when I retried per your advice!

Also, funnily enough, it was the EA employees who asked me to post here for help in the first place, then promised they would get management to follow up. I appreciate you helping me because they did not! Hope this also helps people in the future!!

Message 4 of 5 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Quantumdreamt No problem at all! It was in fact the second EA agent I found helped me, the first one told me the exact same thing as your's did. I'm glad things worked out for you as well! Now we can all fully enjoy DA2.
Message 5 of 5 (1,451 Views)