Re: Dragon Age 2 won't play in fullscreen

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 won't play in fullscreen

★★★ Newbie

So, my game was working fine for a long time, but then when I opened it again, it plays in a window. Like this:

here+

And no matter what I do, I can't get it to go to fullscreen again. If I mouse over to the top, it gives me no option to maximize it, either:

here+

I have Windows 8, if that makes any difference. I just wanted to see if anybody knew what to do to make it fullscreen again. Thanks! Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 7 (38,971 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Main Menu -> Options -> Graphics -> Full-Screen.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (42,265 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Main Menu -> Options -> Graphics -> Full-Screen.

Message 2 of 7 (42,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that's not the solution,

the game is windowed even afteryou change the options(I mean come on, what you think of us!)

Message 3 of 7 (34,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is very old post, but I thought I'd reply anyway, since I've just run into the same problem (feeling nostalgic and wanting to replay DA2). I have a new computer (Win10), and all I needed to do was change the resolution and check Full Screen. Ages ago, I ran the game on Win XP.
Message 4 of 7 (18,130 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@brainovulator;  Glad to hear you got it working the way you want!  Angel

Message 5 of 7 (16,604 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is a super old thread, but I just ran into this problem too, even though "full screen" is checked by default. The problem is that the game doesn't detect the default resolution of your monitor, so instead it runs at a different default resolution and displays in a window of that size. The solution is to change the game resolution (via the in-game Video options) to match the resolution of your display. Then it runs full screen.

Message 6 of 7 (13,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ur background pic it’s so hot

Message 7 of 7 (7,454 Views)