Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

by Narushiima

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

★★★★ Novice

So I've recently returned to the dragon age series again, but this time with DLC as I never had the chance before. Since the old website to purchase DLC was taken down I was redirected to here https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/#dragonage and downloaded some DLC. downloaded the item packs, black emporium and the exiled prince DLCs and installed. The only problem is in game they show up as Unauthorized 1.0, now i had this problem with Dragon age Origins, but after updating the game the DLC's worked fine, so i tried it with 2. It did not fix it and I'm unsure on how to authorize the DLC now. 

Message 1 of 6 (10,522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age 2 Unauthorized DLC

The way the DLCs are supposed to work, is you purchase them on your account....originally you then went to bioware site and downloaded them, and when you signed into the account in game on menu page in game, it would authorize the DLC and you were good to go.  Now with the site taken down and most of the DLC now through Origin, you have to use a combo system to get it all to work.  So things to check is that you have actually purchased the DLC, then you have to make sure you have logged into the correct account ingame that purchased the DLC.  I know all my DLC is now linked to my Origin account and easily accessible through Origin since I linked DA2 to Origin. 

If you have the game through Origin, then simply download the DLC through the Origin DA2 page extras in your game library and then log into the game with the correct account and you should be good to go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (10,938 Views)

All Replies

The way the DLCs are supposed to work, is you purchase them on your account....originally you then went to bioware site and downloaded them, and when you signed into the account in game on menu page in game, it would authorize the DLC and you were good to go.  Now with the site taken down and most of the DLC now through Origin, you have to use a combo system to get it all to work.  So things to check is that you have actually purchased the DLC, then you have to make sure you have logged into the correct account ingame that purchased the DLC.  I know all my DLC is now linked to my Origin account and easily accessible through Origin since I linked DA2 to Origin. 

If you have the game through Origin, then simply download the DLC through the Origin DA2 page extras in your game library and then log into the game with the correct account and you should be good to go.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 6 (10,939 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I see a lot of threads on social media linking to that page and claiming the DLC is free (it always gets a ton of upvotes on Reddit). I understand why people are confused by that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (10,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had this issue as well recently. Logging into EA account does not work for authorization of DLC.

Solution:
You need to log into dragonagekeep.com and then sync your career in the Career section of the keep website.

Then you will be able to log in while running DA2 using your EA credentials. Once Logged in it will automatically authorize the DLC.

Does not work without a synced career I found.

Message 4 of 6 (4,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked, thank you! For anyone going thru xbox/pc: I had two EA accounts for some reason (no idea how I managed that) so things were miscommunicating. EA was connecting to my xbox email even though I was signing into the app prior to playing with the correct account each time, (with my EA name vs email addy). It was still connecting to the wrong account. I had to change my email on both EA accounts so the email it was connecting to that had all my play thru data was the same as my xbox email. I couldn't find an option to delete the erroneous one, so I did this instead. Once I did that, I could then also log into the keep with the right email/pass and all my data was there. This prompted a login on DA2 as well in the start screen (options I think) which I'd never had before. 

Accounts all synched, log into the keep, log back into the game and sign in with EA email/pass prior to playing = success! All DLC's and extras are there just as before, but now the unauthorized 1.0 message is gone and confirmed everything is active ig. Yay! 

The struggle has been real with this, been trying to get this fixed for an entire dragon age. Not super savvy with tech so some of the fixes I was reading were out of my league. Turns out my issue was quite simple once I figured it out. Thx everyone! 

Message 5 of 6 (4,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

None of this stuff worked for me on the EA Games Platform. I lost all DLC when transitioned over from Origin. I did not know that until I started playing a couple weeks ago. Suffice to say, I thoroughly explored all solution on other threads. Downloading all DLC and changing files so they show authorized and yada yada which in the end for me really didn't help. If you have the Ultimate edition it gives you all the downloads. But my DLCs wouldn't show up in the game. Even if I logged in, even if I used dragonagekeep. I finally broke down and purchased a product key for the Ultimate Edition. I had to go outside of EAgames to get the key, because I couldnt find it listed on their platform. I'm not really sure why, maybe because I already had dragon age 2. But I can't actually suggest getting keys outside openly, unless you have a very reliable and trusted vendor. But Once I activated the key onto my account. I noticed something significant change.

Now on my EA account it actually says Ultimate Edition. Now a lot more DLC show up in the EA Game information for Dragon Age 2, and now all of the DLC work in the game. So my issue was that I actually didn't own the DLC or the Ultimate Edition. I guess there was a crazy DRM in there somewhere that forced that situation. IDK but in all the time of troubleshooting I probably could of nearly completed the game again, I hope that helps.The sad part is I spent a lot of time working with EA support. They were pointing me to all of the threads online, which I had already went through. But not once did they think, well gee this guy doesn't actually have the correct actual game package. He doesn't own Ultimate Edition. crazy

ultimateedition.JPG

Message 6 of 6 (2,284 Views)