Re: Dragon Age 2 Unable to log in

by Souryapool

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age 2 Unable to log in

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue in Dragon Age 2 where to authorize my DLC I need to log in (in the in game menu) 

but when I try the message "Unable to connect to Dragon Age servers. Please try again. (i even tried to put in the wrong password to see if it'd give a different error message, and it does)

Giving the fact that I can play Dragon age inquisition just fine I don't know what servers it's trying to contact.

I've tried just about everything, uninstall origin/steam/dragon age 2 and install again

15 hours of reading almost decade old forum posts for every workaround I can find, 

I even called EA customer support, the first one told me it's too old a game and to refund it, 

the second had me do the whole uninstall/reinstall thing all over again, needless to say it didn't work.

Message 1 of 14 (5,411 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

So I solved this by following this method posted by someone on Steam:

Launch Dragon Age Origins, log in to your EA Account from there. Alt-tab out, launch DA 2, try logging in to your EA account, it should work now (it did for me). Close both games, then launch DA2. You should still be logged in, and your DLC authorised.

Hope this helps. It's unlikely EA will officially address this any time soon.

View in thread

Message 5 of 14 (5,253 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue. EA support failed to resolve this, though the advisor did their best. 

If the DLCs cannot be made to work via Steam, why are they being sold on the platform?

Message 2 of 14 (5,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

i guess they really wanted those 8 dollars, the only thing i can do is wait till someone else solves this issue and has the grace to share the solution with me.

Message 3 of 14 (5,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this exact same problem as well, literally every single detail of your post is exactly what I'm dealing with. It's really frustrating not being able to access content I paid for, especially when there doesn't seem to be any solutions available.

Message 4 of 14 (5,298 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I solved this by following this method posted by someone on Steam:

Launch Dragon Age Origins, log in to your EA Account from there. Alt-tab out, launch DA 2, try logging in to your EA account, it should work now (it did for me). Close both games, then launch DA2. You should still be logged in, and your DLC authorised.

Hope this helps. It's unlikely EA will officially address this any time soon.

Message 5 of 14 (5,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually crying, thank you so so much!! I can actually access my DLCs now!

Message 6 of 14 (5,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was about to post this here, i guess you must have seen the thread in Steam.

but yes that's the solution thank god it's been solved, now  when someone else has 

the same problem a few years from now they should find this here to solve it. 

Message 7 of 14 (5,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You absolute legend, I never would have thought to try that but it works! And here I was thinking the dragon age servers had been made redundant and there was nothing I could do.
It amazes me that EA insist on charging RRP for a title that's a decade old, and the user is still required to perform a bizarre ritual like this just to get it to work at all. Go figure!

Message 8 of 14 (5,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Foundling420 Found the solution on Steam, so I can't take credit.

Apparently EA has decided to kill "BioWare Points" and make DA and ME DLC free for everyone. Hopefully this will solve the problem for people who don't own DA:O.
Message 9 of 14 (5,115 Views)

★★ Novice

i just bought DA 2 and have dlcs but ofcourse they are unauthorized and nothing helping cant login in to account in game in both DA 2 DAO any other suggestions ? 

Message 10 of 14 (5,017 Views)