by mbatter

Original Post

dead space 3 pc steam fails to launch

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Dead space 3 fails to launch at all.

Platform: PC / Steam

Verified game files on steam.

Steam loads Origin thin client which exits after a few seconds, game gives up loading a few seconds later.

No error message appears.

My system is setup for gaming so has nothing running that has blocked or restricts any game previously

Without going into geeky detail at this stage, higher than average gamer pc specs, no storage space issues and more than adequate ram etc.

Will provide DxDiag output file if necessary.

I could use a hint where to start looking for the issue. e.g. Does the game startup create an error file somewhere when it fails?

Look forward to a solution, or even a hint.

Cheers

Message 1 of 5 (1,258 Views)

Re: dead space 3 pc steam fails to launch

★★★ Newbie
@mbatter I'm on origin but exactly the same problem - tried also to run as administrator (origin and the game) but no resolution. Found a string on this which included clearing your cache but that doesn't work either
Message 2 of 5 (1,051 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm hearing reports that Dead Space 1, 2 and 3 are crashing on PC system with modern CPUs that have a lot of cores. I have an i9 10900K with 10 cores and 10 logical cores with Hyperthreading enabled. Dead Space 2 loads to the menu and I can enter my account details. As soon as I try to start a single player game though it locks up. Dead Space 3 loads till the point at which it tries to retrieve saved games from the cloud and then locks up. I've disabled Hyperthreading so I only have 10 cores but they all still just crash.

I've also tried limiting the cores that Dead Space uses by changing Set Affinity with Task Manager and also SysInternals Process Explorer and also by running msconfig and using Advanced Boot options to reduce the CPU core count but again, no luck.

Some guy who used to work for Rockstar Games released two modified DirectX files that allegedly fix Dead Space 2 but they do not work for on my system 

Maybe this is all a Machiavellian attempt to force everyone to buy the Remakes? Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (1,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

My PC configuration are same, before the last game launch. Downgrading to old depot version is not helpin

Message 4 of 5 (990 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SOLVED

It is disheartening to note that at no time have I received any response from EA or any responsible parties for this title.

I should have figured the problem out more quickly, but anyway.

Multiple in-game overlays when playing games on steam that were developed for different platforms never works well.

SOLUTION:

When playing a game on Steam that requires login to Origin / Ubisoft /any other platforms, DISABLE the In-Game Overlay in one or all of the platforms.

In fact when having issues with any game not launching, this is the first step i recommend trying.

Specifically my problem went away when i went into origin game settings and disabled the Origin in-game overlay.

Hope this helps others with their issues.

Happy Gaming.

Message 5 of 5 (963 Views)