Re: Unable to climb ladder on Deep Space 3, on PC

by 666og667

Original Post

Dead Space 3 issue

★★★ Newbie

Good morning. I recently purchased and installed DS3 through Origin. When I get on the train and start working my way forward to the escape vehicle, Isaac freezes going down one of the ladders on the rail car. The game keeps going, the train is moving, but I can't get Isaac down that ladder. Also, whenever I start the game I get "Connection to EA servers has been lost."  Please help!

Thank you, [edit: email address removed]

Message 11 of 18 (2,798 Views)

Re: Some control keys are not working

★★★ Newbie

did u fix this yet becuase im having the same exact problem?!

Message 12 of 18 (2,682 Views)

Re: Aim button stuck

★ Novice

even though its a few years after you made the coment thank you that fixed it for me

Message 13 of 18 (2,517 Views)

Certain abilities stop working, after a very short period of play

★★★★★ Novice

I've noticed it with using Ladders, and Benches

These abilities are working at the start, including restarts, and they use the main activation key, which still works for other actions.

At first I thought Benches weren't working, because I had nothing to use on them, until the bench where my character says he will use it to upgrade.

Ladders first gave me problems, with the first ones on the train, and after a restart, they all worked.

Now where the Bench mentioned above, is, there are two ladders, both of which I can climb, after restarting.

Yet I can't climb down, once up there, and restarting dumps me down the bottom, even when I "save" at the top.

This bug doesn't stop progression here, but I feart it may do next time, and have little enthusiasm, for keeping going with this potential game breaker.

A strange bug, this one, and I can't find anything mentioned, online about it.

PC, AMD R7950 GPU, Windows 7, Origin Access

Message 14 of 18 (2,308 Views)

Re: Some control keys are not working

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. I stood in front of the ladder for a moment and hit E , it picked up and worked.

Message 15 of 18 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@fastpatcicero Another reply suggested standing in front of the ladder, wait a few seconds and hit E. I had the same issue and it worked for me.
Message 16 of 18 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ITS CAPSLOCK GUYS.

Message 17 of 18 (1,273 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone

As this thread is a bit old at this point, things have changed and been updated, we are going to lock this down so that we can prevent any necro-posting.

If you run into any further issues please create a new thread so that we can begin tracking accordingly!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 18 of 18 (642 Views)