PC BUG REPORT: Cannot spend Ration Seals.

by shelledfade

Original Post

Re: PC BUG REPORT: Cannot spend Ration Seals.

★★ Novice

@jasoncollege24 Мы можем общаться на русском? Класс. К сожалению, даже так результата 0. Origin точно закрыт и отключен,
бета-версия приложения ЕА точно запущена и я точно вошёл в свою
учетную запись. Для проверки, после получения отрицательного результата, я попытался открыть игру через Steam и получил уведомление о том, что игра не может быть запущена, так как используется бета-версия приложения EA.Прикладываю подтверждающие скриншоты. https://ibb.co/R7Md871 https://ibb.co/2ZwQHLv

Message 221 of 230 (3,607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@DeadBabaij

Русский перевод:
Русский язык в порядке. Я использую Google Translate, чтобы вам было проще.

Я только что проверил это, и похоже, что мое решение больше не работает. Возможно, они решили полностью удалить его, или их связанные серверы не работают/не работают.

Я думаю, что компании действительно нужно разобраться с этим и перенести код, связанный с тратой пайков, в саму локальную (оффлайн) игру. У этой компании такая ужасная репутация, когда дело доходит до неисправленных ошибок и удаления любимых/полезных функций в их играх, что удивительно, что они все еще в бизнесе. По этой причине я перестал покупать игры от EA.

English (Original):
Russian language is fine. I'm using Google Translate to make it easier on you.

I just now tested this, and it looks like my solution no longer works. Might be that they decided to remove it completely, or their related servers are down/broken.

I think the company really needs to get with it, and move the code related to spending ration seals into the local (offline) game itself. This company has such a horrible rep, when it comes to leaving unfixed bugs, and removing loved/useful features in their games, that it's a wonder they're still in business. I've stopped buying games from EA for this reason.

Message 222 of 230 (3,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it gives me the access to DLC but there is no resources pack. can you help me please

Message 223 of 230 (3,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So. I have the Steam version, with a few but not all of the DLC. A friend wanted to play with me, and he uses the EA Desktop app for other games and so he bought it from there.

Guess what he can see? The 30 seal pack. I tried the EA desktop app, but it can't recognize steam games, only the Origin app does- which apparently doesn't support the DLC ration seal containers. I have six bucks to throw at the problem, so I bought just the base game on the EA app- it now recognizes my game, lets me launch it from the steam folder and use all of my dlc, and now also purchase the ration packs. I guess EA just ported that DLC functionality over to the ea app without keeping it in Origin? Either way, that's how I got it to work.

EDIT: I know people don't want to spend (more) money on this, I just hope this can help people figure out a different workaround.

Message 224 of 230 (3,135 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the Steam version, I also bought the Origin version like player above did, tried the EA app workaround, but ration seals did not become available even through there. Not sure what to do to get this unlocked.

Message 225 of 230 (2,301 Views)

★ Novice

Have same issue, found if i set my vpn to a US location i have ration seals, if it isnt locating me in the US i dont have the option at the bench. So anyone still playing and having this issue if your running behind a vpn then Just set it to a US location and that should work.

Message 226 of 230 (2,067 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Attempted this recently and it throws an error stating that I do not have access. Wish someone at EA would just actually help us rather than relying on us to figure out workarounds.

Message 227 of 230 (2,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I saw this announcement (https://www.ea.com/news/origin-for-mac):

"You may have seen some news about the new EA app for Windows, which will soon replace Origin as EA’s primary PC gaming destination."

Maybe this will fix our problems? I am doubtful but this may be a glimmer of hope. 

Message 228 of 230 (1,960 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't think his announcement has anything to do with a fix. It's just an announcement stating that those with a Mac won't currently see any change in how they access, and play EA games.

Message 229 of 230 (1,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I originally bought the game on origin back in the day, but I bought it again on steam when it came out... now it seems to be impossible for me to launch it through the EA app. Even though I bought it from EA first, it seems to be permanently linked to steam, and will always start steam when I run it, even directly from the game's executable.

So of course I can't use my ration seals anymore. Man, this is *.

Message 230 of 230 (1,229 Views)