Dead Space 3 don't launch on my computer

by Blood_of_wolf

Original Post

Re: Dead Space 3 don't launch on my computer

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium I have nothing that will over/under clocking my system, not even my bios parameters. And the try with a new local admin account were unsuccessful.

Also, I'm thinking about the fact that the games installed by Steam are on another drive that the OS. I have a C drive for the OS, a D drive for all of the applications and game, and a E drive for all of the data I have. And if I remember well, I also tried to install Dead Space 3 on the OS drive, unsuccessfully. There is also some discussion about spaces in the installation path of the game, but considering the fact that Dead Space 3 installed himself in a "dead space 3" folder, I'm not sure this can be a problem. Otherwise I don't have any spaces in the installation path.

Message 11 of 18 (1,784 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium im going through the same exact thing nothing is working
Message 12 of 18 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@WhosSwilson infact all my origin games that are connected through steam wont launch either, fallen order and need for speed wont launch now
Message 13 of 18 (1,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Blood_of_wolf after hours of research i found out i need the EA app , it will uninstall origins since steam uses EA instead of origins now
Message 14 of 18 (1,744 Views)

★★★ Novice

@WhosSwilson I'm happy to ear that worked for you, but I already uninstalled Origin and using EA app instead of it. But thanks for you to answer in this thread to try to help me !

Message 15 of 18 (1,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this exact same problem. I'm currently trying to load up the game to play with my partner and it does exactly as shown in your YouTube clip. I've tried every fix I can find between Reddit, other websites, and these forums, with zero luck thus far. Any assistance with this issue would be wonderful.

Message 16 of 18 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium Any updates on what can occurs this bug ?

Message 17 of 18 (1,325 Views)

★★★ Novice

@anianemir @WhosSwilson @EA_Illium 

The problem is now fixed !
The icon of the EA app has changed, so I give it a try to relaunch the game to see if this was miraculously fixed. And so the EA app ask me administration rights for the game, and i accepted it, and the game launched.

It seems that there was a bug with the EA link app or something when there is no explicite administration right asked by the EA app, but now it's fixed.

Have all a good day.

Message 18 of 18 (2,874 Views)