[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

clearing the cache did not work for me

Message 1 of 11 (3,617 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dead Space installation didn't go as planned

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing with the EA App and Dead Space. For anyone running into download issues can you go through the following steps and check if this issue continues?

• Confirm you have closed out of Origin and only EA App is running
  • Clear EA App's Cache 
  • Try these steps to make sure there aren't any other programs that may be causing issues
  • Try starting the download of another title in EA App, once the download gets to 15% cancel then try to download Dead Space 1

If you continue running into issues let us know in this thread, and if possible share a DxDiag 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (3,433 Views)

All Replies

Deadspace wont download, locks up my app

★★★ Apprentice

on xbox game pass ultimate, went to download Dead space 1, it redirected me to EA app since Ea pass is inlcuding in ultimate xbox pass, download made it all the way to 99% and i get an notification "the installation has failed. The final stages of the installation didnt go as planned. please try again." and then it just keeps given me the error. even when i click on cancel download it still gives me the same error and no matter what i do it wont cancel the donwload. ive cleared the cache as recommended. restarted the PC, checked for updates, all the basic stuff and nothing is working.

Message 2 of 11 (3,509 Views)

The final stage of installation dint go as planned

Dead Space 1

Installation Fail

The final stages of installation dint go as planned. pleas try again, I hit retry and give the same error. If I try to uninstall or cancel the download says the same error. I just want to play the saga

Message 3 of 11 (3,529 Views)

Re: Dead Space 1 wont download on EA app

★★★ Newbie

me neither

Message 4 of 11 (3,515 Views)

Dead Space installation didn't go as planned

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have this problem when I try to install Dead Space 1. When the installation is almost over, a screen shows up saying that the installation didn't go as planned and I should try again, but when I try again it happens again. I don't have this kind of problem with any other game and it is really stressful. Hope you can give me a solution for this

Message 5 of 11 (3,503 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for letting us know what you're seeing with the EA App and Dead Space. For anyone running into download issues can you go through the following steps and check if this issue continues?

• Confirm you have closed out of Origin and only EA App is running
  • Clear EA App's Cache 
  • Try these steps to make sure there aren't any other programs that may be causing issues
  • Try starting the download of another title in EA App, once the download gets to 15% cancel then try to download Dead Space 1

If you continue running into issues let us know in this thread, and if possible share a DxDiag 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 11 (3,434 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this issue with "Command & Conquer Generals and Zero Hour". 99% then "installation failed, oops looks like things didn't go according to plan." hitting retry just goes through the same cycle. I've deleted all the files and tried again, cleared the app cache, installed a different title then returned to installing this. Nothing has worked. I've looked into the post you previously posted and all steps on there do not work either. I have attached a DxDiag.

Message 7 of 11 (2,986 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with the same game. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,934 Views)

Re: Dead Space 1 EA App "Download didn't go as planned"

★★★ Newbie

Same issue for Zero Hour, I've tried the "solutions" to with no success. It's seems more an issue on EA side, hopefully they can fix this soon. 

Message 9 of 11 (2,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is NOT solved or resolved, its still ongoing and the solutions don't work.  C&C generals, same isse STILL onging.

Message 10 of 11 (2,794 Views)