Re: Bought dead space 2 on steam log in failed unable to connect to EA servers t

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bought dead space 2 on steam log in failed unable to connect to EA servers try a

★★★ Newbie

Hey I bought Dead Space 1 and 2 recently from Steam during Steam Sale anyway I really liked Dead Space 1 beaten it normally and then on impossible but now I when I tried playing Dead Space 2 as far as singleplayer goes it's working but I cannot log in for whatever reason be it to play multiplayer or access special items from the store it mentioned some stuff that I can't possibly wouldn't be able to do so I'm here maybe I should ask around first on Steam Discussion but I figured since it's Ea's game I might try here too. Is there anyone who can help me with and also provided that the multiplayer for Dead Space 2 is still active accessible I also don't know I think I should have redeem code somewhere in a Word document maybe I still have it but any way anyone can help with this? It's kinda kinda interested in multiplayer too trying it out and I figure since I bought the game the full game I should be able to access it 

Message 1 of 4 (2,164 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bought dead space 2 on steam log in failed unable to connect to EA servers t

Community Manager

Hi @Karmafunkz313 

You are able to enter in your EA account credentials correct?

If not can you try going through the following steps? 

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Check any AV or Firewall that might interfere/control network traffic
  • Check your Modem/router settings for anything that may block/interfere with network traffic
  • Switch from Wi-Fi to ethernet, or if unable move closer to your router. 
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (2,066 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Karmafunkz313 To confirm are you getting a specific message when trying to access Multiplayer, or does it just fail to load for you? 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (2,092 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The first I do get a message something along the lines "couldn't log in to EA servers or failed to log in. try again later" this is when I type in the correct when I type in my mail and password wether be it if I go wether I go to "multiplayer" or "redeem content" in both cases the message I get is something along those lines "couldn't log in try again later" every time

Message 3 of 4 (2,086 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Karmafunkz313 

You are able to enter in your EA account credentials correct?

If not can you try going through the following steps? 

• Connection and Advance Connection Guides 
  • Check any AV or Firewall that might interfere/control network traffic
  • Check your Modem/router settings for anything that may block/interfere with network traffic
  • Switch from Wi-Fi to ethernet, or if unable move closer to your router. 
  • Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4, unless there is a different DNS you would rather use)  

Illium.png

Message 4 of 4 (2,067 Views)