Re: command

by diane1963

Original Post

Hero

@diane1963 

Do you mean for units, or for production structures?  In RA, you can make units move through waypoints by holding down Q when giving commands, but that can't be used for production structures.

Tiberian Dawn has no waypoint functionality at all, except internally for scripting the paths for AI attacks.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 11 of 16 (1,209 Views)

★★ Novice

Units.  For instance in the original C&C you can set waypoints around the base and then put your aircraft on guard patrol along the waypoints.  Also add infantry and mechanised units to move from one area to another.

Message 12 of 16 (1,197 Views)

Hero
@diane1963 Nope. That feature was only introduced in Tiberian Sun.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 13 of 16 (1,142 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh I see.  Thank you very much for all your help and patience.  I think I’ll stick to my original Tiberian Sun/RA disk which I play on an old laptop and don’t need the constraints of being ruled by Origin.  I thought the game would be even better on there but I was wrong.  Thanks again.  Regards

Message 14 of 16 (1,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@diane1963 The Remaster is mainly a graphics, audio and user interface update, with a bunch of bonuses like extra missions and videos. Besides that, they act completely like the original games, though.

The original Command & Conquer 1 (aka Tiberian Dawn), Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun are all freeware, though; there are download packs available online to easily download and install them. Getting them working from their old CD installers might be tricky nowadays.

For more information on that, see this topic:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Is-red-alert-1-and-tiberian-sun-now-freeware/t...

By the way, if you mention my name in your reply somewhere using the @ mentioning-system, I will get a notification that you replied to me, and I'll see your response sooner.

Message 15 of 16 (858 Views)

★★ Novice

@Nyerguds  Thank you for this.  I don't play online, just against AI.  I tried downloading Tiberian Sun but just got a black screen, although I could hear voices discussing the game.  Not sure what was going on!  I'll have another go later and see if I can figure out the settings.  Thanks again for your help.  I'm just a 70 year old keen gamer who has played, and enjoyed, these games for years (one of my favourites was 'Outlaws').  Just wish they'd work with Windows 10.  Thanks again.

Message 16 of 16 (843 Views)