Re: bought C&C remastered - can't play online - support says the fix is to P

by Nyerguds

Original Post

bought C&C remastered - can't play online - support says the fix is to PAY more

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought C&C remastered on Origin today.

inside of the game i get the following Error message: "This EA account is restricted from accessing any online features." and to contact costumer support. (see attached file). i checked and my account isn't banned from online play, nor was i ever banned.

i contact customer support. support "assures" me that reinstalling the game will fix the problems. i re-install, the problem persists. i tell customer support and get told to join a live chat session. after 1 and a half hours in live chat the support person tells me that in order to play the game i just bought i need to pay for an EA play subscription, making my purchase of the game effectively worthless according to their reasoning. getting nothing for my money.

Does C&C Remastered really require an EA Play subscription to play online? and if not, is there any hope for me to get to play if support is this unhelpful?

Message 1 of 2 (645 Views)

Re: bought C&C remastered - can't play online - support says the fix is to P

Hero
@purple-Ayano It really shouldn't require an EA Play subscription, no. Not sure what's wrong there.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 2 (380 Views)