Re: Unit Unlocks?

by xrmiao4

Original Post

Unit Unlocks?

[ Edited ]

EA_dance210 

Why do we have to get promoted to a certain level to unlock units. I've made it all the way to Masters with level 19 units. 

Masters is unplayable now. I can't unlock orca bombers and other higher tier units that other players are playing with. 

So not only am I going up against level 10 and 11 units with my level 7 and 8 units, I'm also going up against units I cannot unlock.

Units should be unlocked at leagues as well as promotion levels. From a financial standpoint, it would make sense for you guys to unlock them at leagues as well so that people can spend money upgrading them.

Message 1 of 17 (638 Views)

★ Guide

Congrats on making it to the Masters with only a 19 level. How long have you been playing for?

Message 2 of 17 (588 Views)

@Tstillman24 wrote:

Congrats on making it to the Masters with only a 19 level. How long have you been playing for?

Since the beginning. Never made it past Masters though. This is my 3rd time starting over. It’s easier once you start over because you aren’t upgrading every unit to try them out. 

Message 3 of 17 (583 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The time you spent starting over already enough for you to upgrade your units in your old account.

Message 4 of 17 (574 Views)

I don’t even know where my old account is. I made the mistake of linking my 2nd account with the same email and lost it.

The 2nd and 3rd time, I made it a lot easier. Instead of wasting coins on upgrading tanks, shockwaves, and tech units, I only upgraded riflemen, missilemen, rhinos, pit bulls, and orcas free. The people you end up playing try to go for tech so you win the first pad every time. Then when you reach Gold league, Almost every match afterwards is a challenge battle. Because it’s a challenge battle you never lose progress so you make it up the leagues quickly.

Try it. You’ll see what I’m talking about.
Message 5 of 17 (570 Views)

You’ll also learn to micro manage since you don’t have tech.
Message 6 of 17 (569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Nerd good luck 19 in master. Meself seldom use orca bomber here

Message 7 of 17 (560 Views)

★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:
I don’t even know where my old account is. I made the mistake of linking my 2nd account with the same email and lost it.

The 2nd and 3rd time, I made it a lot easier. Instead of wasting coins on upgrading tanks, shockwaves, and tech units, I only upgraded riflemen, missilemen, rhinos, pit bulls, and orcas free. The people you end up playing try to go for tech so you win the first pad every time. Then when you reach Gold league, Almost every match afterwards is a challenge battle. Because it’s a challenge battle you never lose progress so you make it up the leagues quickly.

Why do you go with the rhino instead of the Talon? And you noted five units, what is your sixth unit? Finally what do you use on Nod? Also I’m sending you a private message please read it when you have a second.

Message 8 of 17 (545 Views)

@Tstillman24 wrote:

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

Why do you go with the rhino instead of the Talon? And you noted five units, what is your sixth unit? Finally what do you use on Nod? Also I’m sending you a private message please read it when you have a second.

Because you cannot unlock a talon in the beginning and if you want to win without paying, it’s best to just focus on upgrading what you start out with. Once you try upgrading extra units as you get to them, you don’t win anymore consistently because your unit levels are too low.  So it’s best to upgrade the basics. 

I have 1 other slot but don’t use it. It remains taken by a tank that isn’t upgraded. I’m waiting on using it for an orca bomber if I ever get it.  EA just doesn’t give you enough coins to upgrade everything so I just focus on riflemen for scouting, getting to the pads first and taking out missilemen and laser infantry, Missilemen for taking out orcas, nod air, tanks, and bikes, rhinos for infantry, pitbulls for harvesters and talons, and orcas for tanks and other heavies. 

I don’t use NOD. I just don’t like them and don’t have the funds to upgrade them unless I pay. I have to focus on just upgrading my 5 GDI units.  I don’t pay anymore. It’s not worth it. When I paid in my first account, I just got matched up with opponents that were higher than me anyway. 

Message 9 of 17 (531 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just hit tib again with this crappy deck

QQ图片20190526235259.jpg

Message 10 of 17 (503 Views)