Re: Troops not leaving APC.

by Nyerguds

Original Post

Troops not leaving APC.

★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Troops not leaving APC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? APC deployment - Trying to deploy troops from an APC isn't always working. Sometimes have to double click multiple times in order for the troops to leave.
What happens when the bug occurs? Troops do not leave the APC.
What do you expect to see? Troops to leave the APC the 1st time I ask, not the 5th.

Not ideal when you want your troops to exit the APC before it's destroyed.

Message 1 of 9 (1,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Roryt111 

Double clicking selects all troops of the double-clicked type. Unloading an APC is not actually double-clicking, it is single-clicking an already-selected unit. Put slightly more time between the clicks, or select the APC slightly earlier, and it should work.

It's definitely not ideal, though. I wouldn't mind the ability to change the "select all of type" to a hotkey and disabling the double click :-\

Not ideal when you want your troops to exit the APC before it's destroyed.

How so? If the APC is destroyed they are all unloaded at once anyway.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 9 (1,716 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What if I don't want to destroy my APC?  Maybe I want to re-use it.

This is the same for transport helicopter's aswell. It doesn't always register that you're clicking for troops to come out.

Message 3 of 9 (1,687 Views)

★★ Novice
@Roryt111 I think that was a joke about waiting for the APC to blow up. I ran into this problem a lot as well. Maybe I'm just a faster clicker now
Message 4 of 9 (1,626 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue. I'll select 5 troops, click the APC or Chinook and they won't load or on many occasions 4 will load and 1 will just stand there. Conversely, I'll have a loaded APC or Chinook and when I click the off-load icon nothing will happen. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,540 Views)

Hero

@ravedojek 

The new patch adds a hotkey for deploying that should solve this issue.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 6 of 9 (1,516 Views)

★ Novice
@Nyerguds I wrote that after playing the latest update. The issue is unresolved.
Message 7 of 9 (1,503 Views)

★★★ Novice

If more than one transport helicopter is on the screen, neither will let the guys out. Move one helo off-screen, go back and unload the first helo, move him off-screen, bring in the second and unload.

Message 8 of 9 (1,116 Views)

Hero
@RichTex20 No, simply don't click fast enough for it to count as a double-click. Select, then click again, and it will work fine.

Message 9 of 9 (731 Views)