Re: Suspicious Cheaters

by DaSud

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

ok here's the scoop, I spoke at length with a developer regarding cheats as a lot of developers don't practice secure coding techniques which ends up with their games being infested with this kinda crap.

First off, this is a server to client game, not a peer to peer game. This deals with a very large amount of amateur tier cheats, mostly ones that modify the client. This means that most of the game features stay as intended, there are no speedhack predator tanks zipping around the field at faster than fastest speed, mammoth tanks don't cost 10 tib, etc.

In the case that a cheater finds an exploit that modifies the core game, it can be easily proven or debunked via the replay system. Do not even bother posting if you do not have the replay, as it is impossible to verify the claims especially if you have no credibility as a random poster.

Client hacks are another can of worms. These don't necessarily modify the client (indeed most non amateur outfits run at least a crc check of the client) but instead feed off of game information stored in your device's memory. Wall hacks, map hacks, aimbots, and all of this sort fall into this category. When coding a game, a developer should treat all game data as a need to know basis, not informing them about things like player/unit positions until its possible for them to see them. In this regard, rivals has some weak coding, as I've seen units under fog of war glitches, and if I can see them that means their information is in my client, allowing a cheater to use a map hack to watch your base and do things like consistently countering people's openers. It takes monitoring software and often the community's help to catch these guys, so again, if you feel suspicious, post the replays (you can even watch the games on their profile).

So yeah. Replays are necessary, post them or quit adding conjecture.

Message 41 of 44 (577 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes these usuals here who are quick to rebut any feedback/complain make one suspicious if they are the one cheating...there are times where is game play is so screwed to an extent you just feel like no point to play in a particular match because it’s just impossible to play at all. Like even before your harvester start harvesting there are bikes already attacking and then shortly follow by even more bikes and then the expensive units come all within a very short time frame. You just wonder how did the opponent get harvester harvesting so fast only to find out in the replay that they don’t even have a harvester. Surprise ? ....nay...and these usuals will come out and ask you for evidence, show proof and all kinds of *. Are we your free testers or white rabbits helping to show you your stupid flaws in this game ?? Just in this forum alone there are easily a dozen reported feedbacks of cheating like matches. Please go and investigate and solve the problem EA. Don’t send in your cybertroopers to camouflage as genuine players !!

Message 42 of 44 (547 Views)

Until anyone provides actual proof, all they are doing is tantruming like a child because they are losing. No one to this day has been able to provide proof. 

Proof is easily able to be provided. All it takes is a group of screenshots at the very least. If you use an iPhone or iPad, a video screen recorder is built in. Just record the video, upload it to YouTube, and post the link here. 

I have actually looked for ways to cheat online. It’s impossible. All the links that point you to cheating for this game are fake. If you did manage to find a way to cheat by downloading an unauthorized app of this game with mods hidden in it, even if you did manage to play with it, it’s automatically recorded as a loss for the cheater because they aren’t using the official release of this game. The game checks for unauthorized releases of the game and automatically records it as a loss for the player with the unauthorized app. 

In this video below, I use no harvester at all win. I was able to build units with no harvester in the beginning from the free tiberium they gave me. I am able to do this because I use cheap units and gain extra tiberium by killing my opponent’s harvesters with those cheap units to get tanks to kill their harvesters again to get more tiberium to make more units. Rinse and repeat. This only works if my opponent fails to destroy my cheap units. 

You have to understand how the game works. My opponent if he ever posted here would probably say that I was cheating. If he posted the video below, others would show him that it wasn’t the case. He just lost because he failed to destroy my units.  

https://youtu.be/YL5MOlhP8mA

Message 43 of 44 (534 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@totorodc12345 wrote:

Like even before your harvester start harvesting there are bikes already attacking and then shortly follow by even more bikes and then the expensive units come all within a very short time frame. You just wonder how did the opponent get harvester harvesting so fast only to find out in the replay that they don’t even have a harvester.

Of course they don't. You start the game with 100 Tiberium, and you can do ANYTHING with it. So if your opponent built the War Factory and two Attack Bikes, that is entirely possible. It has nothing to do with cheating at all.

Learn how to defend against early rushes, and you won't have this problem again.

Message 44 of 44 (513 Views)