Soviet Mission 5 - Info from the Devs

by EA_Arcadia

Original Post

Soviet Mission 5 - Info from the Devs

EA Watch

Hey there Conquerors,

We've had a few of you reach out regarding the 5th Soviet mission concerned that it is unbeatable, we'd like to provide you some additional information on this mission to aid its completion. This mission is working as intended and can be completed, you may just need to be a little creative in your approach.

If you're still struggling:

RC1985 on Youtube shows a great strategy to how to approach this section of the mission, we suggest checking it out if you are struggling with this particular mission: https://youtu.be/nPKnvWdwyd0?t=556

Message 1 of 14 (26,099 Views)

Re: Soviet Mission 5 - Info from the Devs

★ Apprentice

Come on guys... This is just a quick fix, not being creative at all... You mean if we don't have any video this mission can't be finished because of a pathfinding issue with the transporter.

Message 2 of 14 (26,001 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Arcadia writes "we'd like to provide you some additional information on this mission to aid its completion", then proceeds to give no additional information at all, just a link to a YouTube video that is somehow supposed to be helpful? Utterly useless.
Message 3 of 14 (25,952 Views)

★★★ Novice

You have both the time and money to fix this bug, if this is the state you're comfortable shipping in, I won't be purchasing any future remasters.

Message 4 of 14 (25,930 Views)

★ Pro

I thought the Remastered Version of the game was meant to be nothing more than a Graphics Upgrade, so why are so many of us left wondering why half the game doesn't work right?

Just saying, I didn't expect for it to be that much a different game to the original as to be nothing like the original.

Message 5 of 14 (25,925 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Arcadia Thanks for these informations.
I can share with my french community
This game is great
Message 6 of 14 (25,883 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Jarlemag 

The time stamp is wrong. Look at 6:08 in the video.

Basically, for some reason, the scripting of the MCV gets stuck. From what I can gather, because you need to destroy the base on the island, it doesn't count before the MCV actually deployed on the island.

What RC1985 does there is use paratroopers to trigger the MCV's crush logic, which nudges it back into action and makes it complete the script and get in the boat.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 7 of 14 (25,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@GENERALZOOL 

But it is the original. The majority of "issues" people are having with the Remaster are with quirks and bugs that were there in the very originals. You can not say this is "nothing like the original." That's just hyperbole due to frustration.

For instance this MCV scripting issue was there in the original. Over on Steam forums, people are complaining about weird pathfinding and strange harvester logic. Well those were in the original. 

This Remaster is actually so true to the original Tiberium Dawn and Red Alert that they are true to a FAULT.

These were mid 1990s RTS'. It was DIFFERENT then. TD1 and RA1 both set a lot of standards for RTS', which doesn't just include all the good ones that persist to this day but ALSO the bad ones that much of the RTS world has moved past. This is a very faithful remaster, warts and all.

I don't want to sound like "that guy" or act like my age is somehow important, because it isn't, BUT, I vividly recall these titles when they were still relevant and I've yet to see any gameplay issues in the Remaster that weren't existing on my CD-ROM copies from the 90s, and I was already a teenager then, so my memory is pretty clear.

Message 8 of 14 (25,579 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Arcadia This is the greatest example of EA's reply that they think they are helpful and answering the question, when they failed to realize the nature of the question.

This game is in the right step, right direction. DONT RUIN IT, EA.
Message 9 of 14 (25,499 Views)

★ Apprentice
@skylar313 So in other words we're going to ignore that many "issues" are just exactly what was part of the game from the start so we can play the "let's hate on EA" trendy internet game? Ok.
Message 10 of 14 (25,472 Views)