Re: SSL Error

by EA_Francois

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SSL Error

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to play but I keep getting warned/stopped by "This Site's Security Certificate has Expired" it goes on to explain that Google Chrome can't verify whether it's communicating with the actual website or an attacker. The last time I played was yesterday and this didn't pop up.

Message 1 of 42 (2,494 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

The problem should be fixed now, as stated in this message from C&C Tiberium Alliances's Community Manager:

Hey there

Our technicians just told us, that the issue has been solved. You should now be able to log in normally.
Thank you a lot for your patience and have fun in the game.

Greetings,
Skyther

As for compromised/hacked accounts, please use the Contact Us page to get in touch with a game advisor who will provide assistance. For confidentiality and security reasons, we can not proceed to the identity checks necessary to deal with anything regarding accounts here. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!

View in thread

Message 7 of 42 (2,469 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

same thing is happening with Firefox

Message 2 of 42 (2,459 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. It says the certificate has expired. Have been playing C&C Tiberium Alliance ever day starting in April till today. Can someone give me an answer, as to the safety of this game now?  

Message 3 of 42 (2,458 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here,  It happened to me on Chrome.  I tried to log in on Firefox,  Versign verified a valid certificate expiring Oct, 13 2013.  It opened the Play Now page.  When I selected it the unsafe connection dialog came up.    No can Play.

Message 4 of 42 (2,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just been told by a team member his account was hacked and lost loads of money on his credit card!!

Message 5 of 42 (2,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie

See below. Tried to sign this morning and got greeted by this. Went online to find a message from team mate saying his account had been hacked and his credit card used!!!!!!! He has had no help from EA. What is the problem! Is my account safe. When I checked my account there was no shipping address sure this was on? Changed my password just in case.

There is a problem with this websites security certificate.  

The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

The security certificate presented by this website has errors, and should not be trusted.Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information                                  

• If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
  • When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

Message 6 of 42 (2,446 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

The problem should be fixed now, as stated in this message from C&C Tiberium Alliances's Community Manager:

Hey there

Our technicians just told us, that the issue has been solved. You should now be able to log in normally.
Thank you a lot for your patience and have fun in the game.

Greetings,
Skyther

As for compromised/hacked accounts, please use the Contact Us page to get in touch with a game advisor who will provide assistance. For confidentiality and security reasons, we can not proceed to the identity checks necessary to deal with anything regarding accounts here. Standard smile
If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 7 of 42 (2,470 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Please check my account on C&C Tiberium Alliances. Also encountered SSL Certificate Error. Can't go to game page. Error page pops-up. Didn't proceed possbile hacker.

--------------------------------------------

The site's security certificate has expired!
You attempted to reach prodgame10.alliances.commandandconquer.com, but the server presented an expired certificate. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate has been compromised since its expiration. This means Google Chrome cannot guarantee that you are communicating withprodgame10.alliances.commandandconquer.com and not an attacker. Your computer's clock is currently set to Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:22:01 AM. Does that look right? If not, you should correct the error and refresh this page.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.
Message 8 of 42 (2,347 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Didn't work for me by adding only www on prodgame10.alliances.commandandconquer.com/197/index.aspx.

Message 9 of 42 (2,345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

NOT solved. I am still getting the SSL error.

Message 10 of 42 (2,326 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help