* SCARABS ARE TOO CHEAP AND TOO POWERFUL.

by aalien797

Original Post

* SCARABS ARE TOO CHEAP AND TOO POWERFUL.

★★★ Novice

Complete garbage. It can destroy anything!!!! It’s only 30 and it doesn’t matter if you move from it or what unit it’s in front of. Its *. 

Message 1 of 26 (878 Views)

Re: * SCARABS ARE TOO CHEAP AND TOO POWERFUL.

★★★★★ Guide
Are are correct with that last sentence. They are asterisk.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/gt-IF-YOU-ARE-HAVING-TROUBLE-WITH-SCARABS-CLICK-HERE-lt/m...

handy dandy little guide for ya, give it a read and you too can turn that loss into a win =)

TL;DR

If you lose to scarabs, it's all on you. They are arguably the worst unit in the game.
Message 2 of 26 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]

A 30 dollar pair of scarabs can take out a harvester with less hits then a 150 dollar Titan in some cases. It can take out air units, infantry, tanks, anything.

No other unit can do that. And not everyone has 10 folder units in their deck.

Message 3 of 26 (856 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

A 30 dollar pair of scarabs can take out a harvester with less hits then a 150 dollar Titan in some cases. It can take out air units, infantry, tanks, anything.

No other unit can do that. And not everyone has 10 folder units in their deck.

They are very easy to stop even with non-anti-infantry unit like laser troopers. The trick is simply they walk, you kill, they die.

Message 4 of 26 (848 Views)

I know but it doesn't work all the time. I had one guy pumping them out to my harvester as fast as I was pumping out laser troopers. I couldn't keep up. 

I used to keep up when drones were 10 dollars. They ruined it for me after making them 20.

Fact of the matter is, no 30 dollar unit should take out a harvester in 2 shots. GDI has no unit that can take out infantry, air units, and vehicles.

Message 5 of 26 (846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Laser walk faster than scarabs. It must be that he starts with scarabs but you start with harvester. Usually I start with laser and when my laser reach the pad his scarabs are still on their way. He sees my laser and stop, or trade the scarabs with laser. Then I just  get flame out to the pad.

Message 6 of 26 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]

I do not start off with harvester ever. I send 2 missile squads immediately to take out their harvester. When I see the scarabs then it becomes on who can send them out faster. And guess what? It costs me 40 bucks with 2 separate missile squad units to take out their 1 unit of 2 that cost them 30 bucks.

You say I should have 10 dollar units right? Well that takes up a spot that is too be used only for these damned scarabs that are too cheap and too powerful. They should not be able to take out drones either. Either ground or air. Not both.

It's 2 of them but 1 of them is all that's needed to take out a whole swarm of drones, a whole squad of troops, ect. They should be one unit only.

Message 7 of 26 (836 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It is a give and take, it is very fragile as a 30-tib unit. Scrabs can be destroyed easily with 1-2 hits by any anti-infantry unit or 3-4 hits by bike/tank/pitbull. They do no damage if they are not set up (ready to attack), similar to MG squad.

Basically any anti-troop unit is effective against scrabs when they are not set up. Even if you start with rocket / laser trooper, if they move the scrabs towards you, you can take out 1 of the 2 scrabs before it set up, so they are still losing 10 tib in the economy. 

If you choose not to scout before building a harvester, you should still be able to spawn the cheapest unit to protect your harvester before scrabs can reach there and get any anti-infantry unit next. There are lots of strategy against scrab in mid-game stage With very limited usage and easily countered, it is actually rarer to see it in game than MG squad. It is seldom seen in competitve play so it is not that powerful.

Message 8 of 26 (825 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@eggpatrick wrote:

It is seldom seen in competitve play

What is competitive play?

Message 9 of 26 (815 Views)

★★★ Guide

A scout unit is pretty important - without it you're setting yourself up for a lot of failure - you might think it's a waste of a slot - but there's also a cost for not having it..  That's rifle/milt - wheels/dawgs - drones (mebbe laser drones...)

I agree they're a terrible unit - as it's a real steep learning curve for new players and I'm not sure it's worth it for Redwood - but if you stopped arguing and read the link Battalia gave you and took it to heart you'll start looking forward to Scarab users as an easy win (or at least a way to get head in a match)

Message 10 of 26 (805 Views)