Rules.INI on TD? How to get it

by Divatoxy

Original Post

Rules.INI on TD? How to get it

★★ Novice

Well the classic game has some tools to get the "rules.ini", and the Red Alert already had one so its easy to mod him.

But how to get the rules.ini from TIberian Dawn Remastered? anyone did get it?

Message 1 of 7 (2,242 Views)

Re: Rules.INI on TD? How to get it

★★★ Novice

Sorry I can`t help you , but I don't want to open a new topic for this.

I hope they will add them and maybe in later remastered games too ( Tiberian Sun has it in the actual version and I often changed something in it)

Message 2 of 7 (2,203 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If i remember correctly, TD had no such file. RA was the first of the series using the Rules.Ini File for easy text editing. However therer were some other community tools to edit some values of the Units in Tiberian Dawn. So there is still hope. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,182 Views)

★★ Novice

I saw that inside the Remastered file, there is a "settings.ini" that look similar to the "rules" i tried to edit but nothing happens too.

In the classic game the TIbEd was the tool to mod units and buildings for the TD, maybe we need to wait a new tool =/

Message 4 of 7 (2,176 Views)

Hero

@CNCJack_TD wrote:

If i remember correctly, TD had no such file. RA was the first of the series using the Rules.Ini File for easy text editing. However therer were some other community tools to edit some values of the Units in Tiberian Dawn. So there is still hope. 

Those tools just edit the raw program itself. There's no need to mess around with bytes in the remaster though; the developers released the source code for that purpose.

Of course, you're gonna need to compile that, and then turn it into a mod...

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 5 of 7 (2,150 Views)

★★ Novice

Im still a little noob in the mod process =/

i worked with the TibEd to change values from units and buildings, witch tool can i use to do the same thing in the remastered?

Message 6 of 7 (2,139 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Divatoxy You can't.

Source code is plain text, so you can edit it freely, and the unit stats aren't hard to find to be honest, but you will need to compile it to a dll and add it as a mod before you can see the changes. You need a programming environment like Visual Studio for that.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 7 of 7 (2,092 Views)