Re: Rivals Champions This Weekend!

by diablosdungeon

Original Post

Rivals Champions This Weekend!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Commanders,
Get ready for the inaugural Rivals Champions event happening this weekend! Compete against your fellow players for prizes and to make a name for yourself on the Rivals Champions leaderboard. The first Rivals Champions event starts this weekend. Read below to learn more about Rivals Champions.

Rivals Champions starts: Friday, Nov. 16 at 7 am PST (15:00 UTC)
Rivals Champions ends: Sunday, Nov. 18 at 10 pm PST (Monday, Nov. 19 at 06:00 UTC)

New Maps

We are introducing three new maps for the Rivals Champions event!

Looking for some tips on how to play these maps before the event begins? Check out Captain Benzie's newest video, Analysing the Champions Maps!

Hold the Line

Hold the Line 2.png

Tug of War

Tug of War 2.png

Blindspot

Blindspot 2.png

Compete in Rivals Champions
- Play 25 battles against players in your league and march toward better and better rewards
- Earn 4 points for a win and 1 point for a loss
- All players welcome! Climb your Rivals Champions leaderboard and be the best

League Rewards
- Earn rewards by reaching score markers
- These rewards do NOT reset when you re-enter the event
- You will only receive rewards if you reach a new score marker with unclaimed rewards
- Each league has unique rewards, with higher leagues having better rewards

Your Placement
- Based on your best league rank (GDI or Nod)
- Qualification locks when the event begins
- All battles are against players in your Rivals Champions league who are playing this event
- Matchmaking is based on your win-loss record in this event
- Players always participate in the highest active Rivals Champions league that they can

Unit Level Caps
- During matches, any unit above the posted unit level cap will have their level temporarily reduced
- Unit level caps are the same as for regular league progression. E.g. Rivals Champions Silver League has a unit level cap of 8

Message 1 of 12 (1,088 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can you clarify unit caps so if it’s level 10 cap is it best to max upgrade the units 

Message 2 of 12 (1,053 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

From what it sounds like, units that are unit 10 with 3 upgrades won't be capped.

Upgrading up to that (so not to lvl11) would be best I think.

Message 3 of 12 (998 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

unit level caps are that level plus training. So if it's capped at 10, it is 10 with 3 trainings. If you have level 11+ you will be brought down to level 10 with 3 training.

Message 4 of 12 (970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This isn't meant to be a complaint (although I realize that is how it will sound) but does anyone else think the rewards are kind of lame for the champions event?

By my math you would have to win 19 out io the 25 matches (or 3 out of 4) to get to the 80 point level where the reward is at least decent. Otherwise the 70 point reward of 1.2k coins is rather lame. At the Platinum league level that is barely 1/4 of the cost for ONE training level for a unit. 

I realize this is the first go at this, and I am not complaining as I have enjoyed the game, but the lead up to the "event" made it sound exciting, this had me looking at it as, "meh".

Message 5 of 12 (940 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I kinda like it, I wish the rewards were better, I am level 60 and Diamond 3, but because of this update I have subpar leveled units now, I was using level 7 units at Diamond 3 to now fight level 10...  It was a nightmare.  

Ps. I think I fought a cheater, this guy rushed me with two attack bikes looking for a harvester, I didn't deploy one, so then he swarmed my base with 6 Attack bikes very fast, and he had no harvester, I controlled three pads and he was able to kill my base the very sec the first missile would have launched.

Message 6 of 12 (932 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Went 15-10 in Platinum and reached 70.

The rewards are meh, but I had a blast.

In regular play, one of the problems is always that after you play your 5 matches, it is discouraged to continue playing. So for that reason alone, I think it's a great mode and gives players an alternate spot to be able to get more games in while still earning rewards.

It's a great start and I'm curious to see where it goes from here.

Message 7 of 12 (896 Views)

★★ Novice

Horrible tournament!!! I am playing lvl 10 players almost all the time and I am lvl 8! Fix this ASAP! ALSO fix the damn game from asking me to leave feedback!!! I already have 1 Stars earned!

Message 8 of 12 (870 Views)

★★ Novice

This game has plenty of hacks... dont spend money!

Message 9 of 12 (866 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I don't think its EA doing it, I have been getting a thing pop up in most my games to rate the game I am playing.
Message 10 of 12 (851 Views)