Risky suggestion: nerf pitbull

by xMaksuss

Original Post

Re: Risky suggestion: nerf pitbull

★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss But there are SEVERAL overused units. The number 1 most used unit is Wheels. Why nerf the Pitbull specifically?
Message 21 of 36 (828 Views)

★★★★ Guide

And as for it having multiple uses, isn’t that kind of essential? It’s what I look for in units. It’s the reason why the APC is my favorite unit in the game. 

Message 22 of 36 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@AlphonseDisciple wheels can scout, tileblock and are decent at clearing infantry, while pitbull clears light vehicles, damages heavy vehicles, scoots around the map thanks to its speed and takes down basically every air unit if you build 2-3. So pitbull has more uses than wheels.

As for the multiple uses, of course it's good to have these units. But I feel like the pitbull does such a good job that it makes other units jobless :/

Message 23 of 36 (810 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss So you need 3 to be able to combat air units? And this is your argument that it’s too useful? Lol. Three Pitbulls and a Harvester eats two thirds of your unit cap. If you are a double Harvester player you are basically handcuffs at this point. And I wouldn’t really say that they damage heavy vehicles. Heavy vehicles dispatch my itty bitty Pitbulls with ease. I see a Predator or Scorpion coming I start running.

Yes, the Pitbull is more useful than the Attack Bike. But it’s also more expensive. And in what way would you like it nerfed?
Message 24 of 36 (797 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss And one unit in the GDI War Factory is useless due to the Pitbull?
Message 25 of 36 (796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Your Suggestion isn’t Risky.

Your Suggestion is Horrible.

Pitbulls cover Truck & Air.

What Single Unit in the War Factory can replace it, Sherlock?

You would need 2 different War Factory Units to cover what the Pitbull covers.

The Pitbull is overused because the GDI lacks any other valid options.

Example:

I open with WarDogs as scouts.

Wardogs can deal with most rival Infantry scouts.

Wardogs can double team Shocks & Flames.

I need another unit to cover Truck & Air.

The GDI Pitbull is the only Unit.

If you want players to stop using the Pitbull, You should give the game a New Unit Suggestion.

We need another GDI War Factory Unit which covers Truck & Air with a reasonable Tib. Cost.

The ball park Tib. Cost should be in the 30-50 Tib. range.

Anything above the Tib. Range will not be used over Pitbull.

Message 26 of 36 (759 Views)

When you nerf a unit to the point it becomes useless, it is no longer used and just taking up space. Look at the rock worms. Look at the GDI tank. Look at the chem trooper.  All are rarely used because well they are useless now. 

Why hey would you want to make units in the game useless?

Message 27 of 36 (739 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Marine_CorporaI Especially after I’ve used all my gold to rank it up lol. My GDI deck is built around Dogs, Pitbull and APC.
Message 28 of 36 (723 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I think pit-bulls need a slight HP nerf so a attack bike would be able to kill it if the bikes had the defender's advantage. I did a test with the pit-bull vs attack bikes, and before I did that, I had the pit-bull walk into a laser squad and told the pit-bull to quickly back out. It got damaged from a single laser shot and when it attacked the attack bike, they both died. On the same replay I did a militant vs riflemen, laser vs missile squad, flame trooper vs shock-wave trooper, buggy vs rhino and cyber wheels vs war dogs. Only the war dogs and rhinos survived, maybe because they have higher health. The rest died, and for the 1st 3 pairs, neither had the defender's advantage. For the vehicles, Nod had the defender's advantage.

Message 29 of 36 (702 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EinarThePillager Why should a cheaper unit be able to kill a superior unit?
Message 30 of 36 (694 Views)