Risky suggestion: nerf pitbull

by xMaksuss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Risky suggestion: nerf pitbull

★★★★★ Guide

The pitbull is an excellent unit. It does a good job at almost anything. Maybe too good...

Pitbull is used in a lot of matches, especially in the higher leagues. I personally had enough of it. I want it to be nerfed. Most of you will disagree with the nerf suggestion, but hear me out: you can shape your entire deck around that single unit, and it fills so many holes. Nerfing it might discourage people to use them and they will be forced to use alternatives. This will bring in a new meta, and new metas are always nice and refreshing.

So basically, I am suggesting a pitbull nerf because it is overused. Most of you will not like that suggestion, but I believe this change will flip the game around and new strategies will be used, which needs to happen, or the game becomes stale.

Think about that, then post your opinions, and don‘t just say that this suggestion is bad without having put thoughts into the „will refresh the whole game“-aspect.

Message 1 of 36 (1,177 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Risky suggestion: nerf pitbull

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

They aren’t OP in the slightest. Not even close. 

... I never said they are OP. I said they are overused. Two completely different things. OP would be "can literally not be stopped", overused is "does such a great job at what it does that it's not efficient to use anything else".

Example: look at slingshot. It is supposed to be a strong anti-air unit. But it costs 10 more than pitbull, does not have raider, and can't target ground. It does have 2 tile range, but using raider and good micro a pitbull can easily compensate that. So why bother with slingshot if you can just have pitbull instead? Sure, in some special decks slingshot is better, but in general, pitbull does a better job.

Or another example: if you face wheels, you could send a tank after them. But taking them out would take forever. Or how about an orca? Orca costs more and it has to reload afterwards, this might become risky, and also it costs 70. Send missiles? A good opponent will 2v1 a missile squad. But how about Pitbull? Clears them pretty fast, is rather cheap, and can chase them if needed thanks to raider.

What I am trying to say: pitbull fits in so many situations and does such a great job at it, that it is rather pointless to bring specialized units. Like, why would I waste a unit slot for sligshot if I can just bring pitbull? I could fill that slot with something more exciting! Things like that.

Again, you guys don't seem to understand me. I didn't say it is OP. It is not at all OP. But what I DID say was that it is overused. It's just too viable and fits everywhere, leaving little/no room for other exciting units.

View in thread

Message 19 of 36 (1,577 Views)

All Replies

You make it sound like the pitbull is good against everything. It is not. It doesn’t do anything against infantry. It doesn’t do hardly anything against banshees or orcas. It’s horrible against tanks. It’s easily taken out by missile and laser troops. 

What problems is is it giving you? 

Message 2 of 36 (1,162 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It got nerfed multiple times. Missile/laser are overused too why not nerf them also.

Message 3 of 36 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

It's not bad at all vs orca/banshee. Have you seen a single pitbull kills an orca just by moving around and the orca never finishes unloading 4 ammos? Its moveshotability just adds too much to it and can balance out the stats difference.

It's not bad at all vs tanks, at least scorpion tanks, 2 40-tib units kill a 70-tib tank, with one poor health and one more-than-half health, then 3v1 the next one. It just makes me think that scorpion tank is not a counter to pitbull. Predator is much better for its tankyness and higher damage per shot in this particular case.

Pitbull is more like a mini-tank with low price and decent armor, and it shoots air, too.

Message 4 of 36 (1,150 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xMaksuss A Pitbull nerf... because it’s overused? That’s not really a good reason. Wheels are probably the most used unit in the game. Militants/Rifleman are overused. I see more and more Rocket troops. Usage doesn’t mean it is too powerful. There needs to be a better reason than that.
Message 5 of 36 (1,123 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xrmiao4 I’m not sure which side you’re arguing on. Lol
Message 6 of 36 (1,120 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe the nerf should be adding it more speed... which may sound weird, but the pit-bull is meant for a unit to be micro-ed so one would win. If it was faster, it would harder to control as it moves around passing over units that you own. I could imagine a pit-bull retreating behind a missile squad and the player tries to select the pit-bull, but selects the missile squad instead.

Message 7 of 36 (1,111 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Obviously my first post is replying to @xMaksuss and my second post is replying to @Marine_CorporaI 

Message 8 of 36 (1,084 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@xrmiao4 And they are arguing opposite points. Lmao
Message 9 of 36 (1,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

What? How come “pitbull is not bad at all” and “pitbull should not be nerfed” are opposite points??? Or you think every good unit should get a nerf?

Message 10 of 36 (1,068 Views)