Pathfinding / Wishes / Ranking next remake^^

by Jcore1

Original Post

Pathfinding / Wishes / Ranking next remake^^

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

I really love this remake and I`m really happy that I can play the games again but there is one thing that bother me a lot.  I often have aggressions when I see the bad pathfinding from 90`s.   

It`s the worst.   I mean I played the games in 90`s and it was really good and I really like this remake but the pathfinding could really get an update. 

I hope there will be a update for pathfinding.  (I read it that there will be a small one for the Harvester)

And if there will be (maybe) a remake of another C&C game please improve the pathfinding 

(I hope you remake Tiberian Sun and Firestorm because it`s the best game from all C&C games, because it has a really good story and a really cool base building part and a nice environment) 

My personal game order:   

1.Tiberian Sun, (Great Story with Anton Slavic, Cabal, Kane etc, Base building, unit complexity, environment) It`s the best

2.Tiberum Wars and Kanes Wrath, (But I really miss the walls and the unit complexity from Tiberian Sun)

3.Red Alert 2 really good game but the cartoonish and colorful design is absolutely aaarg  

4.Red Alert 1,

5.Tiberium Conflict (It`s only behind Red Alert 1 because of the outdated gameplay) RA1 improved a lot of gameplay mechanics but the Story from TC is better

6.Generals (nice game, but I like the games above much more.

7.Red Alert 3 it`s much worse as RA2 (art style, cartoonish, colorful) and Story wasn`t good

Renegade was fun to play. (Shooter)

... and then I can`t remember if there was anything else ^^  like every C&C player^^ you know what I mean.^^ There are some rumors that there was something that killed C&C.^^  (maybe one game) and then mabe was a second one(multiplayer sh..) 

Best regards from Germany

Jan

Message 1 of 4 (645 Views)

Re: Pathfinding / Wishes / Ranking next remake^^

Hero

Just like there's a toggle for new and old control scheme I am not apposed to a toggle for new and old pathfinding, could be cool.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 4 (619 Views)

★ Guide

@Jcore1 

If they did a Remaster for Tiberian Sun, that would be awesome. The original was good, but had a lot of potential that wasn't unlocked. If they did a Remaster of it, then it would be really fun to play I'm sure.

As for Renegade, I will say that I still play that game, all be it these days I play RenegadeX, which is a sort of remake from the community. I actually like Renegade more than Battlefield a lot of the time, especially since there is PvE Mode (all be it that the original Version only had one PvE map that you could access from the Practice Mode). Though the fact there are bases and you get to choose what Tank you want as and when you want it, assuming you can afford it, is a major plus. Yes, the graphics may be very clunky, but the campaign was rather good in my opinion, it had humour, which I think is missing from games these days.

As for Red Alert 2, I must say, they better do it right or I'll be annoyed, hahahaha. Would be nice to be able to dominate the classic Red Alert 2 Tsunami map in HD, and with all the classic units from before. It just isn't the same on the Red Alert 3 redux version.

Message 3 of 4 (571 Views)

★★★ Novice

I forgot something

I really don`t need a function to switch between the old and new game design.  I only used it 2 times at the campaign start, and that was it. No one will play the game in the old graphics.  I guess it will limit a proper remaster more than it benefit from it. 

The only thing you do is thinking brrrr I played that back in the days ? Nice that we have now that awesome remaster (only the Ai is stupid) and that was it.  ^^

Message 4 of 4 (537 Views)