Re: Patch Notes for Server Update on Dec 11, 2019

by Jjju187

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Don't you guys notice how much of a troll this LordMasterVel is?

Apperantly, he is a veteran commander of October 2018

Presenting what he surely likes about the game, with hilarious and stupid sarcasm.

Message 21 of 35 (1,397 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@MrClarkSD Speaking as a new player, I’m frustrated by the fact I have less then 1% chance in most challenge games in diamond. I constantly go up against people 20-30 levels higher with level 11 units when my top is 9 (8average) this is why I will quite the game. No way to decline challenge games and only getting 1-10 normal games if lucky. Love the play, but system is super disparaging to new players. Building proper counters (that they don’t even need to respond to) and losing regularly is unacceptable. Even won 2 top tier challenge packs and spent $5 to try and have somewhat of a chance.
Message 22 of 35 (1,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Jjju187yes, I agree.  However:

1. That is a matchmaking, not balance/game play issue - so sort of separate from this thread which is related to the patch

2. I first made Tib, with 4 lvl 10s and 2 lvl 11 on GDI and 3-3 on Nod going against much higher level decks. I did this by learning to micro and play well enough with a solid deck to win about 40-50% of my challenge matches. When climbing the ladder, I learned to love chanenge matches because they are free point, with no risk. If you are winning very few of these, I would bet there are areas to improve your game.

All that said, with the current Meta, once they roll out tech it’s hard to outplay them unless you also tech - as ganerally bad tech is still stronger then good play (at least below Master 1 ) which is super frustrating for new players, so was the point I was trying to make.  

Also making it worse for you, in  regards to unfair match ups, is higher tier players sand bagging for races.  At the start of the season, I drop to 2500 until a race start, shoot right to 3080, then drop back to 2500 and do it again. After the last race, I go for Tib.    I won 4 huge crates last month and the rest I got 2nd place...  it’s stupid and unfair, I wish they would get rid of the mechanic, but until they do it is a huge reward for little work.

Message 23 of 35 (1,346 Views)

★★ Novice
@MrClarkSD Appreciate the info!
Message 24 of 35 (1,329 Views)

★★ Novice

1. The Liang HP nerf has done considerable work from what I have seen. In the vast majority of matchups, it makes it easier to decide to go after the Liang Drone over another unit.

• PLEASE, do not increase its healing for lower health units, do not increase its healing at all, the biggest issue with Liang drone is that it VASTLY increases time to kill on units at low cost. There are already massive problems with good players SNOWBALLING advantages by keeping their units alive indefinitely, they don't have to spend ever in the match, and get to tech on one harvester easily.

2. Solomon is fine. He is pretty good at all but the highest levels of play even before they changed him. Check out VictorBansemer or Sinkiller if you want proof.

3. JJT is fine as is, check out VictorBansemer for proof.

4. Agreed.

5. Kane AoE and Faster Attacks is risky, it will make it a more attractive option for tech players at any cost - usually tech players can afford the tower, but it is a matter of tempo. If the tower removes a lot of units quickly, it becomes VERY useful for tech to regain map control. I think they need to either:

1. cheaper (60 cost) and weaker against vehicles - (one shots bikes, two shots pitbulls) so you use it on cooldown, infantry damage can go down a bit as well (think 2 shot Zones) - this normalizes it against most decks [OR]
  2. More expensive [130], but hits harder - this keeps it strong against war factory and makes it better against Tech - it would feel incredibly good to drop Obelisk and have it comfortably 2 shot a Mammoth tank instead of it taking 4-5 shots as it does now. [This is my preferred change]

6. Agreed. 

7. Agreed.

8. This was a great nerf. It made wheels more relevant against them. Nod struggled to remove Chems, and this gives them more answers.

9. Not sure what is being said.

10. Agreed, laser drones should have their health reduced to 175 at level 1, this will fix it so bikes at a -1.1 level advantage or greater can still one shot laser drones without terribly impacting other matchups.

I am glad some people agree that the patch was good overall.

Message 25 of 35 (1,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Commanders,

Thank you for all the feedback. We've forwarded this to our dev team who'll be looking at all the points raised here. We understand that some of the changes have only a partial impact and some of the recently launched units need to be looked at from a balancing perspective. We'll share an update as and when we have another balance patch ready.

Thanks.

Message 26 of 35 (1,247 Views)

@EA_Avinash wrote:

Commanders,

Thank you for all the feedback. We've forwarded this to our dev team who'll be looking at all the points raised here. We understand that some of the changes have only a partial impact and some of the recently launched units need to be looked at from a balancing perspective. We'll share an update as and when we have another balance patch ready.

Thanks.

The tech labs being too cheap is the biggest problem. They are so cheap that people don’t play with tanks hardly anymore. 

Message 27 of 35 (1,239 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't see why they don't fix the ladder system if they're going to fix something at all.?! -

Once I get to the diamond 2 or Diamond 1 it's nothing but challenge matches and you cannot progressed on because they're always beating you

They're always beating me because I have low numbers for my units and level. So low it takes 2 units to counter one. Diamond diamond league so I got to be doing something right? You can only micromanage so far until the math just Stacks up against you. This is where I reset has to come in order to because there's nothing else you can do because you played two good for what you have.

I'm not going to sit here for months at a time losing trying to further my units because of this issue. It's a hell of a lot more fun just to start all over again and lay waste to everything around you. This may discourage or chase away new players but I have no other alternative and I'm not going to spend months to level up because I am too good with what I got

I may be tooting my own horn I'm sorry I'm not trying to. I'm not alone in this matter plenty others that do the same exact thing

Message 28 of 35 (1,198 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try this. Get to Diamond. When you get close to Masters, start losing on purpose to get back to the bottom of Diamond again. Once you get to the bottom, start winning again. Rinse and repeat until your 6 units are leveled up to 11. 

That’s what I did. It only took a couple of months to make them all level 11. 

As far as losing on purpose, press the surrender button as the last missile is firing. You will really win, his base will be destroyed, but it will count as a loss so you don’t progress further. Your opponent would also know that he got beat and you will get the satisfaction of really beating him. Here is an example of what I mean. I won this game but and he knew it but he got credited with the win that I didn’t want. 

https://youtu.be/3Acsdy3AYW0

Message 29 of 35 (1,191 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Having to sandbag myself is not winning a game. You should not have to Lose to Win. Especially repeatedly for 2 months because the system is nothing but a monetary bully.

When you progress this fast you should be able to get rewards as in units or other things that are not available to you because you are at a very low unit average.

Here again the ladder system is a monetary bully. That's the way they build it that's the way it's going to stay that's how they want it to be

Which is a damn shame because it's doing nothing but destroying the chances of playing a decent game not to mention keeping it alive.

The only reason why this game has not flourished is because the way that it set up. They want more money to progress at each level from everybody or suffer the consequences. Where do you get a bone what do you get something free where do you get an atta-boy? These are all non existent in this game.

Sure they give you units in the crates but you never get them because they control what they give you every time a crate is opened. Don't fool yourself and think that it's a random cuz it's not. In all this time that I've been playing I've never really got any kind of good units out of the crates besides what normally comes out as you go up the ladder.

It's a damn good game, but it's just a monetary bully ladder system.

Message 30 of 35 (1,174 Views)