Obelisk Range-3 Shot

by xrmiao4

Original Post

Obelisk Range-3 Shot

★★★★ Guide

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) 7s plus
OS Version 12.1.2
What is your Player ID? nyarumi
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Obelisk Range-3 Shot
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Obelisk to attack a leaving enemy?
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I ordered my pitbull to leave the platform but the Obelisk still kills it. Obviously out of range.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Message 1 of 12 (852 Views)

Re: Obelisk Range-3 Shot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have seen this too, but I don't have a screenshot or video to show.

I think I can imagine how this could come to pass:

When a unit is moving from one hex field to another, its distance to another unit is not exactly one or two fields (or three), but something in between.
If this "in-between" value still counts as a distance of two unless the Pitbull has fully reached its destination field, then this would explain how this could happen.

I agree that this is a bug. If the Obelisk's firing distance is stated as two fields, then it should be 2.0 fields exactly. Not something like 2.1 or 2.9 or some such.

Message 2 of 12 (836 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @xrmiao4 and @Mister_Crac and thank you for the reports.

I've forwarded this to the team to investigate this further.

Message 3 of 12 (800 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Here is a screenshot which I made today. It confirms that something is not right here. The Obelisk in this picture should no be able to fire at the Laser Squad, they are too far away:

Screenshot_20190127-105912.png

Message 4 of 12 (750 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the update @Mister_Crac , much appreciated. I've added that screenshot to the ticket.

Message 5 of 12 (734 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_HighCommand 

Thank you. While you are at it, could you please have a look at why it is currently not possible to file a bug report? I can preview what I have entered, but when I click on "Submit", then nothing happens. Have tried several times.

Message 6 of 12 (724 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Sure thing @Mister_Crac. Do you file the bug report from a browser via help.ea.com or on a mobile device from the in-game option (Settings -> Help -> Contact us -> Report a Bug)?

Message 7 of 12 (720 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi all,

I got clarification from the team and it appears that this is working as designed. Once the targeting sequence has started, the Obelisk of Light will fire at the unit as long as it is visible to the Obelisk's owner (meaning not invisible by fog of war).

Message 8 of 12 (714 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_HighCommand 
I am using a browser (Mozilla Firefox), and the website that I am accessing is: answers.ea.com

I have tried Opera as well, but to no avail.

What I tried just now (a minute ago):
I had copied the text of my bug report locally on my computer. So I start a New Topic in the Bug reports section, copy&paste my pre-written texts into the corresponding fields. Then I select two screenshots from my local hard disk for uploading. (They do not seem to actually get uploaded though?) Then, when I click on "Submit", nothing happens. Nothing at all. No error message, no change of the screen, nothing. It's as if the button was disabled.

Message 9 of 12 (701 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@EA_HighCommand 

I tried again just now. It didn't work.

This time, I did not attach any screenshots, so just text. I could click on "Preview", but then I get this: See screenshot. 

The "Submit" button does not even appear at all.

Could you please do something about it? This is very annoying. :-(

Message 10 of 12 (690 Views)