Re: No Player Wipes!

by dukes15111

Original Post

No Player Wipes!

Community Manager (retired)

We’ve received a lot of feedback from our player community that they’re bummed we plan to wipe all player data sometime in the future. While this was originally intended so that we could gather your feedback on all the new experiences and tuning changes we’re putting in the game, we’ve heard you and decided to shift course.

Therefore, we’ve officially cancelled our upcoming player reset and have decided that there will be NO player resets to our game! So you can play with confidence RIGHT NOW knowing all the credits you earn and medal progress you’ve made will stay with your account. This includes when we go to worldwide launch.

Please note that in addition to testing stability, matchmaking, and other aspects of our game, one of the major purposes of this early Pre-Alpha is to experiment and try new things before the worldwide launch of our game. So expect us to continue to tweak features, change unit balance, modify progression and generally mess with stuff until the game is ready for worldwide launch. However, you can be assured that even though we may adjust various things throughout the game, we will NOT reset your player and have you start from scratch.

Thanks for taking this ride along with us as we work to improve the game. We appreciate all your time, input and play.

The C&C Rivals Dev Team

Message 1 of 35 (4,311 Views)

★ Apprentice
oh thanks... now im really glad i spent all my crystals... since there WAS no point on saving them
Message 2 of 35 (4,241 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Nice good to know our grinding wont be for nothing

Message 3 of 35 (4,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have very mixed feelings about this. At first I was thrilled to keep my progress, but then realised I would've spent my initial gems quite differently. Probably would've leveled units differently too, but in the end this is a great move. Thanks!

Message 4 of 35 (4,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is wrong in soo many ways, first off all besides all crying.
Alpha is for test right, to get out bugs and op units before real realase, now... players got their ranks, lvls and stuff with these buggs and pre nerfed units.

Ofc not to mention USA, CA vs Rest of the world imbalance. I was so in to CnC i won many online/offline tournaments, and i was hoping for a good game, a good RTS.

You know what... i wanted to make more reason but why should i. You wont listen anyway.

Good bye comptetive gaming, hey there p2w.

Good thing WoW BFA coming in aug 14 i wont have a hard choice of which game iam gonna play after this statement you just made.

Message 5 of 35 (4,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

What are you all thinking???? This is just stupid!

A pre Alpha game in any platform of gaming is always wipe.  The point of this Alpha is to test the game balance and alter changes to make the game fun,balanced,and find any glitches and bugs.

I do not want to have high ranks when launched to the world.  I will not be able to play new players, I will always be matched with players inside Alpha. I tested and spent stupidly in Alpha knowing it should be wiped.  I am sorry to the hardcore gamer's who spend countless hours on grinding but for what purpose???? That's right to find the bugs and balance the matches and test the units in different styles of battles.

This does not fall short of EA fails in the last few years of doing stupid moves.  

Again PRE ALPHA is for testing purposes not actual game play to keep your stuff, if this is not Alpha then please rephrase the beta opening to "Open Beta" the right way.

To all the cry babies wanting to keep there stuff because you have no life's to grind 20 hours a day to have advantages over everyone else.  Shameful you can call yourselves gamer's.

Message 6 of 35 (3,476 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
What are you all thinking???? This is just stupid!

A pre Alpha game in any platform of gaming is always wipe. The point of this Alpha is to test the game balance and alter changes to make the game fun,balanced,and find any glitches and bugs.

I do not want to have high ranks when launched to the world. I will not be able to play new players, I will always be matched with players inside Alpha. I tested and spent stupidly in Alpha knowing it should be wiped. I am sorry to the hardcore gamer's who spend countless hours on grinding but for what purpose???? That's right to find the bugs and balance the matches and test the units in different styles of battles.

This does not fall short of EA fails in the last few years of doing stupid moves.

Again PRE ALPHA is for testing purposes not actual game play to keep your stuff, if this is not Alpha then please rephrase the beta opening to "Open Beta" the right way.

To all the cry babies wanting to keep there stuff because you have no life's to grind 20 hours a day to have advantages over everyone else. Shameful you can call yourselves gamer's.
Message 7 of 35 (3,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright thank you for this change, I didnt want to restart after the alpha version. Good job devs.

Message 8 of 35 (3,948 Views)

★★ Novice

I was really looking forward to the wipe

Message 9 of 35 (3,844 Views)

★★ Novice
I was looking forward to the player wipes
Message 10 of 35 (3,837 Views)