New Unit Showcase: Scavenger

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Re: New Unit Showcase: Scavenger

★★★★ Guide
@Marine_CorporaI I don’t run the NOD War Factory deck. It’s too overused. I try to stay away from the things everyone else is doing.
Message 11 of 21 (847 Views)

@AlphonseDisciple You should run GDI then. NOD is overused. 😎
Message 12 of 21 (832 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Marine_CorporaI I’ve got to run each in oreder to get my daily objectives done.
Message 13 of 21 (824 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Are scavengers supposed to take tiberium damage whilst standing on tiberium fields? I saw a replay once on where the scavenger was harvester hunting whilst it was standing on tiberium. It was slowly taking damage then moments later, a chem buggy came and eliminated the scavenger. I thought scavengers are mutants.

Message 14 of 21 (807 Views)

★ Guide

If an enemy Scarab is flying up to kill an enemy Scavenger, do you get the bounty from the death Scarab before you die? (In this case if there's just 1 scarab left and it suicides)

Because then that's not really a good counter, why not add Chem Warrior as a counter instead?

Message 15 of 21 (787 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The scavenger is too powerful - better stats over the laser squad, faster speed and the ability to earn extra tib...... which cost just 10 tib over the laser.

Now ppl pay to buy it early are spamming it with other low cost units.

Please think careful before releasing any new unit with overwhelming power. It happened to cyberwheel then orca bomber before, and it is even worse for scavenger.

Message 16 of 21 (760 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@eggpatrick wrote:

The scavenger is too powerful - better stats over the laser squad, faster speed

Wasn't it meant to have the same stats as the Laser Squad?

Message 17 of 21 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Come to think of it - this is probably intentional and a marketing trick:
They release a new unit which is a bit overpowered so that people feel the need to buy it. Then, a few weeks later they nerf it to how it should really be.

Message 18 of 21 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

Come to think of it - this is probably intentional and a marketing trick:
They release a new unit which is a bit overpowered so that people feel the need to buy it. Then, a few weeks later they nerf it to how it should really be.

Good point, as according to @eggpatrick, the same happened to both cyber-wheel and orca bomber. The same holds true for the marauder, its damage and HP was nerfed (more on HP nerfing so marauder doesn't feel like an immovable wall). The opposite is true for the grenadier cause it was not strong enough to stand toe to wheel with a chem buggy. Right now, I'd ask that both marauder and grenadier should share the same stats, except one is tiberium resistant (resistant to tiberium fields but not chem buggies) and the other EMP's vehicles. I once did a test with both and pitted them against each other, the marauder won. I also tested the wolverine and widow maker, the widow maker won.

Message 19 of 21 (731 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@eggpatrick Expecting EA to not do $#!+ that makes them money isn’t the smart play lol. They want people to spend that money on this unit.
Message 20 of 21 (711 Views)