Re: Need a Resign Button

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

So how is that surrender button working out for you guys? Having fun on the races? Having fun with tiberium players tanking on masters 2? Having fun with those tiberium players totally destroying you and then surrendering as the last missile fires onto your base?

Message 91 of 94 (585 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

They would surrender just the same if the button did not exist. You cannot stop them from doing so. People can always close their app, or shut down their WiFi connection.

People are stupid effers. If you give them an incentive to lose intentionally, they will (at least some of them). The Rivals Race was designed in a very stupid way, and then EA decided to stop any further development of new content and bugfixes in the summer of 2019.

By the way, I encounter players who give up intentionally and prematurely maybe in 1 games out of 50. So it's not like that happens constantly every single day. It's not cool, but neither is it a very huge problem.

Message 92 of 94 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mister_Crac wrote:

They would surrender just the same if the button did not exist. You cannot stop them from doing so. People can always close their app, or shut down their WiFi connection.

People are stupid effers. If you give them an incentive to lose intentionally, they will (at least some of them). The Rivals Race was designed in a very stupid way, and then EA decided to stop any further development of new content and bugfixes in the summer of 2019.

By the way, I encounter players who give up intentionally and prematurely maybe in 1 games out of 50. So it's not like that happens constantly every single day. It's not cool, but neither is it a very huge problem.

Nope. There is way more losing on purpose than before. Way more. I came back to this zombie thread because I had so many surrenders before the race. And afterwards on masters 1, I ran into many that win but surrender at the last second to stay there. Guys that are normal tiberium players with level 14 and 15 units. 

Message 93 of 94 (550 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:
Guys that are normal tiberium players with level 14 and 15 units. 

Well yeah, those are stupid fúckers. Unfortunately there is no cure for stupidity.

Message 94 of 94 (521 Views)